Tuesday, February 08, 2005

FAT

Today is Fat Tuesday aka Mardi Gras. Eat yourself some pancakes and throw some beads. Because you know what tomorrow is the begining of lent. Today is the day you get everything out of your system before you have to be a prude for 40 days. I think I am going to give up alcohol for lent. I've never really given anything up for lent. It's never been emphasized in my life. I always think about doing something but yeah I don't. So I've been thinking about not drinking anyway for a little while now. I'm trying to do something that stopping drinking would help with. With this now I have an excuse so that people don't give me that funny look when I say I'm not drinking. You know that funny look to, people do it so very well. So starting at midnight tonight no alcohol for me for 40 days and 40 nights. I know I can do it. I've given it up about 3 times this past year for about a month at a time anyway. I like to exercise control and show to myself that I as well as other people don't need alcohol to have a good time. You can have as much fun as you will let yourself have. I think I will also give up fast foods too. No fast food except for taco bell. I barely eat that anyway but I'm going more base on the fast foods that have burgers and fries. Shoot, I'm in a good mood for giving things up. I think I will also throw in no soda/cola/carbonated beverages. So no alcohol and no burger based fast food patronage and no soda. How is that for giving something up? How about all of you readers that are reading this right now. Are you willing to give anything up for Lent this year? I'm giving up 3 things. I'm sure you can manage at least 1. You can do it. Leave me a comment with what you're giving up this year for the Lent season.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:30:00 AM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

I am giving up my belly, working too hard, and while I am at it standing for too long.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters