Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It's been a while

Well folks it has been a while since I have done anything for a charity. I'm guessing it is about 4 years now. The last thing that I did was a Diabetes Walk and Shoofly participated with me. Diabetes is one of those diseases that is close to home. Not in my immediate family but aunts and uncles and cousins have been affected by it. 1 cousin lost his life due to complications caused by diabetes. Even though it is still close to home I am going with another charity this year. I am going to participate in the MS Walk on Sunday, May 1, 2005. Multiple Sclerosis is also in my family as my mother has it. It is a daily part of our lives and I see its effect.

The reasoning for putting this in the blog is that I am asking friends to join me in the walk. If you are unable or unwilling to join in the actual walk that is fine. But then I ask if maybe you would be willing to donate/pledge a small contribution toward the cause. Again, if you cannot do that, then that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their reasons.

The Illinois MS Chapter website for the walk is
http://events.msillinois.org/site/PageServer?pagename=msw05_reg_home

Now I could possibly organize a "team" but I think it will go smoother if people just register as individuals. You would want to sign up for

MS Walk Springfield
Location: Washington Park Pavilion,
Start Time: 1:30 p.m.,
Route Length: 1.5 miles round-trip

So it is a Sunday, it is not until 1:30 in the afternoon so that means that you can sleep in after a wild night out the night before and still get up and do something good that day.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating with me or if you will pledge a donation. Thank you in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters