Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Alive!

Well here is the deal. The surgery went well. My surgeon said that it was a huge hernia. I'm like, yeah, I know. My thing is that I felt better immediately following the surgery and through the night than I did today. I almost didn't want to come home cause I felt that something wasn't right. My incision aches, I expect that but what has been bothering me is a huge gas build-up in my abdomen. So bad that it was hurting my back, my sides, and my front. It was just all over and I couldn't do anything to get comfortable. So today I was in agony. All the way until about 7:30pm. Oh, I got released at 2:30pm which was apparently right at my 23 hour mark because the 23 hour outpatient started when I reached my room and did not include the surgery room or the recovery room. I went into surgery at 10:10am yesterday, got through with surgery at about 12:30pm, and then was stuck in the recovery room until about 3ish, then still didn't make it to my room until 3:30pm.

I feel better now. Sorry to anyone who talked to me while I was in pain. I probably just shouldn't have answered the phone. But you know me, Mr. Social. The habit of talking no matter the circumstance overpowered the pain but the quality of conversation was right at ZERO. I don't get loopy on drugs so if I was short with you it was the pain. I gaurantee it. Again, sorry, I do appreciate the calls.

I think that I may sleep in my dad's recliner tonight. I don't know if I can lay flat yet without causing pain. I'm more of an on my side and on my stomach kind of sleeper anyway and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks again for everything everyone has done. The visits, the calls, the emails, the gifts. It really means a great deal to me to know that I have such great friends that care.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:47:00 AM , Blogger the good time girl said...

glad everything went well, k. if you need anything, let us know!!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:26:00 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Glad you're home and on your way to recovery, Kyle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters