Sunday, April 23, 2006

Communication, a telephonic invasion

Oh sweet bliss. I have witnessed another Chicago Cubs victory. My first time in New Busch Stadium, sitting in the bleachers, surrounded by Saint Louis Cardinal fans, and I saw Greg Maddux pitch a hell of a game. The Cardinals did not sweep the Cubs. It wasn't going to happen because I was present. I'm continuing my new streak of not seeing the Cubs lose. It is wonderful. It would have been better if I didn't have to pay 7 bucks for a bottle of Budweiser or 7.50 for a draft of Bud Select. Man oh man, that's mucho dinero for un cerveza. We made great time coming back too. I got to my car at Josh's at 5pm. Unfortunatly I would have preferred to have a few drinks in Saint Louis to celebrate the Chicago Cubs victory but alas my ride was heading back and I didn't want to hassle with finding other means home even if it was an option.

I love opening up my email inbox and finding this...

Chicago Cubs Postgame Alert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 23, 2006

Chi. Cubs 7, St. Louis 3 at Busch Stadium
Chi. Cubs Record: (10-7)
St. Louis Record: (11-7)

Winning pitcher - Greg Maddux (4-0)
Losing pitcher - Jason Marquis (3-1)




1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
0 0 1 1 2 0 3 0 0 7 9 0 Chi. Cubs
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3 10 3 St. Louis

CHC HR - J. Jones (2) A. Ramirez (3)
STL HR - None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters