Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Self Diagnosis

So I got told that I have Hypochondria last night, jokingly I believe. Hypochondria is a somatoform disorder in which one has the unfounded belief that he or she is suffering from a serious illness.

Everytime that I have something wrong with me there is actually something wrong. Unfortunatly things keep happening. I get better from one thing then another problem arises. What I "think" I have now is a thing called "droopy eye" or ptosis. I'm not sure though but something defintely is wrong. My right eye has gotten progressively blurrier than my left and now my eyelid is hanging really low over my eyeball. This is my own diagnosis of course. I have been thinking that this would go away but it hasn't. Some say they don't notice but I think it depends on the time of day but it looks like my right eye is half asleep. It doesn't bother me too much but I feel that this could be an underlying problem of something else and I would rather get it checked out now while it is new than to get screwed over later and lose my vision or something serious along those lines.

This is a link to a description of my self diagnosis.
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/9558.html

Here is a pic I found that looks similar to what my eyelid is doing.


I have an appointment scheduled for the Friday after this coming Friday with an ophthalmologist. Hopefully he can fix it or tell me what can be done.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it is a stye...

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:51:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Well, I don't think that I have a bump of any sort in the eye area. I'll keep that in mind when I see the eye doctor though.

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006 3:47:00 PM , Blogger the good time girl said...

it also could be sleepiness...i find that when i'm tired my eyes do that exact same thing.

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006 8:24:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

My left eye is fine though. It is just that one right eye and it's been hovering on my pupil for over a week now while my left eye I can see my whole iris or whatever it is called.

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:31:00 AM , Blogger the good time girl said...

whatever happened with this, k? any new illness? or just sleepiness.

p.s. i might ask my nurse friend about this today. i told her i'd call her...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters