Thursday, March 25, 2004

More often...

Well, I have been busy with trying to keep busy lately. Tonight was a night in for me and it is now 3:30am and I have yet to go to bed. Why am I still up? Probably because I was up this late last night and slept until 2:30pm this afternoon. My sleeping schedule is so messed up. I am going to have trouble going back to work when my recovery time is up. BUT I am having a great time. Who says recovering from a major surgery has to be boring. When I asked the doctor if drinking alcohol would be ok and she said yes then I was golden. I have had 2 weeks of drunken fun. I actually had to take this past weekend off. Of all times... The Weekend. I know I know but I was starting to feel a cold or something come on. I still have a minor sinus and cough thingy going on but it isn't too bad. Techinically to me right now is the End of Wednesday the 24th so I will recap my past few days.

Monday the 22nd, of what I remember I went and saw Hidalgo with my father out at the new movie theater. We both enjoyed it and it was a good guy movie and none of that lovey girl crud in it. It had humor but not slapstick but more of a whitty and smart humor which my father and I both liked. Then after that I dropped my father off at home and went down to The Bar. Which from now on when I say The Bar (caps not always necessary) it will automatically refer to the wonderful establishment of D.H. Brown's in downtown Springfield. I went to the bar because before the movie I got a call from Lauren on Ed's cell phone saying that they wanted me to come down there because they were going to be bored later on because Monday's are not a very busy day especially after the after work crowd decides to go home. So I promise to come after the movie with my father. I head on down there and start my nightly tab up. Well so you know I have been watching the awesome movie The Big Lebowski lately and it put me in the mood to have a few White Russians. Well, I thought I only had 5 in the time that I was sitting there at the bar but apparently Ed says that I had 7. I really do differ on that but he wasn't drinking and I was so I will have to trust him on this one. Well, we had a decent time while Ed tended bar and Lauren did a wonderful job of waitressing. Then Lauren at close asks us if we want to get a drink (ONE DRINK) at another bar before she goes home. Ed and I are always up for one more drink so sure we went next door to Dempseys for that one more drink. While there I had a shot and 2 rolling rocks and a screw driver all in the matter of less than 45 minutes. Well, I know that somehow we decided to keep this going and we went to a favorite bar of ours The Curve Inn which is a 3am bar. We went there and that is when all shit broke loose. Well not really but we started pounding away shots. I bought more drinks than I can remember and the lack of money in my wallet the next day proved it. So yeah, I was ok to drive and didn't have far to go but when I got home it hit me like a ton of bricks. WOO BABY! Mr. Mini Plastic Trash Can was my friend that night. I never meant to have that much but yeah I wasn't doing anything the next day so I wasn't too worried about it. I just took a little longer to wake up and get moving. Now that was a crazy night.

Tuesday I decide that I want to see yet another movie and this time I go with Ed. He and I go and see Dawn of the Dead which is a remade zombie movie. WOW! I say props to those people cause I was clutching my coat the whole time. When I see a movie I open myself up to it and I feel like I am there. So that crap was scaring me so much. Granted if I was there on a date I know I would have acted more macho and such but hell... I wasn't and I didn't care cause I was with my boy Ed. So we saw that and then when we got out of it we were like... well what to do now? I look at the clock and I say... The Bar is still open let's go down there and have a drink. HAHAHA. Ed couldn't refuse cause it is what we do... Bars. So we went down there and hung out til close. Shoofly who ditched out on seeing the horror flick with his bros decided to chill with his gurls and also said he wasn't doing the going out thing and lo and behold he was at the bar when we got there with his lady friends all of whom I already know. So it was a good time. Hung out chatted with Mike who was tending bar and also with laurie who was waitressing. Then we were invited to meet my buddy Reier at Stella Blue for a few drinks and all of us go there and he never shows up. So Ed and I actually not wanting to do another real late night of drinking again decide after 1 drink and knowing that Reier isn't going to show that we should go. We needed sleep because I think that the night before was still haunting both of us. So we called it a night.

Wednesday, today. I slept in late again. Didn't get up til like 2:30 in the afternoon. Ed and I decided that we needed to watch 28 Days Later on DVD on his big screen TV. So I was like I will just buy it because I hate renting DVDs now when for just a few more dollars I can own it and watch it whenever I want to. So I went to Family Video and opened up my own account outside of my parents. Wooo, I am becoming an adult and I know this because I have my own account now at the video rental place. YES! oh and I also now have half off rentals for the next 30 days and I also had a gift card which the remainder is credited to my account for future rentals and purchases. I am so set. So anyway, we watched that movie during the day. Would have been better at night time but we wanted to watch it then and not wait til later. Plus I had plans later to... Yes... see a movie with my friend Natalie. Well, we tried to do that but it looks like more people will be able to go with us tomorrow and we wanted this to be a group thing so we just got some food at the Barrel Head and then called it a night. I still had a good time there. Kurt and Kristine showed up to have some dinner with us and we sat and chatted for a while. Natalie even headed home and Kurt, Kristine and I still chilled for a while longer. I wasn't quite ready to go home. I got home at about 10:15pm and surprised my mom because she thought I was at the movie and that she wouldn't see me until tomorrow. So I have just been here hanging out this evening. Chatting online and watching late night shows. Goodtimes. I do plan on doing daily updates of whatever I have to say more often so that it isn't a huge entry like this one. I hope you enjoy. If not then don't read it. I'm not forcing you to read my blog. So go away. But if you do enjoy my blog then let me know. It is whatever. Well, adios! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters