Monday, May 22, 2006

Geek Report

Geek Report: Superman, X-Men, Hellboy, Halloween, Trek, Harry Potter, Resident Evil and more
Posted Friday, May 19 2006 @ 06:02 AM PDT by Peter Sciretta
Filed under: Geek Report


Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space will finally get a special edition DVD on June 27th. The disc will include a restored full screen transfer of the original black-and-white version as well as the colorized version. Extras include an audio commentary with Mike Nelson (Mystery Science Theater 3000), a pop-up trivia track, a "Plans 1-8" featurette, never-before-seen Ed Wood home movies and rare television commercials.



Director Kevin Smith answers questions from readers in a special IGN video mailbag segment. Smith talks about selling out, Trainwreck shorts being released on DVD, and his horrible vacation in Maui.



If you haven't noticed, MySpace has been taken over by X-Men. Do I smell a Fox cross promotion?




The MPAA has given X-Men: The Last Stand a PG-13 rating for intense sequences of action violence, some sexual content and language.



CW (the new WB/UPN mash-up) has announced that Smallville and Supernatural will make up their Thursday night line-up starting at 8:00pm. CW has passed on the proposed Aquaman television show.



Superman Returns star Brandon Routh comments on rumors that they used computers to digitally reduce the bulge in his tights: "I'm a gentleman, my mother raised me not to talk about such things. The whole thing is so funny to me. Because there's a cup in the suit so you don't see anything. That's the whole purpose of it."



Hellboy 2 has been dropped by Sony Pictures.



Halloweenmovies.com promises that huge news on Halloween 9 will be revealed shortly.


Actress Halle Berry talks about a possible X-Men 4: “There is no real significant talk about it, but I think if this one did well it would warrant a fourth one. I am sure the studio would be thinking that the franchise is not dead and people love X-Men and want to see another one and I think they would [do another one]. I would [do it] as long as I could. I have got some projects now that should keep me busy for the next two or three years if I am lucky. It is a franchise that I love and a character that I love and now that I have a voice in the movie I really love it. If another great X-Men came along I could probably change my plans.”




Over 1,000 pieces of Star Trek memorabilia are up for auction to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the franchise. Christie's auction house will be selling items including costumes, props, sets, weapons and models. Items include a replica of Captain Kirk's original chair, a miniature version of the starship Enterprise and a Romulan Warbird ship. The auction will take place in New York City from October 5th-7th.


Harry Potter author JK Rowling says she already knows the title of the seventh book in the series: "Book seven: can't tell you the title (you didn't really expect it did you?!) but I think I've finally got one. It could have been called a lot of things, you see."




Someone's selling a drive-in theater on ebay.


The first images from The Grudge 2 are now online. The sequel stars Jennifer Beals, Amber Tamblyn, and Sarah Michelle Gellar.




Ali Larter has signed on to play Claire Redfield in Resident Evil: Extinction. Former WWE Diva Debra Marshall (Also known as Debra McMichael) has also been cast in the film as Cindy Lennox.


Warner Bros. held interviews last month to find a double for Christopher Reeve for additional footage they are shooting for the Superman II: Director's Cut DVD. The Superman Homepage claims that the scenes involved were only a couple of wide shots. The Richard Donner cut of the film will be included as part of the 14-disc Ultimate Edition Superman DVD collection scheduled for release later this year.



The new Star Wars DVD pre-orders are reaching record levels

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:02:00 PM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

I know you'll never leave a movie early, but if you see X3, the latest Xmen movie, stay afterwards.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/709/709574p1.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters