Monday, March 29, 2004

Good weekend...

Oh boy. It has been a good weekend. Well, the Illini lost on Friday which sucked but it was a good night otherwise. I hung out at the bar for most of the game but then for the rest of the time I spent next door at Dempsey's with my new friend Jules and her older sister Jen. We chilled there with good conversation and great jazz music. Mary D slightly embarassed me when she told Jules and Jen about how I used to sing and dance in a competeing group during high school. They seemed impressed though so then it didn't seem so bad. They actually asked why I hadn't mentioned that before and I'm like... yeah, not something I just announce to everyone I meet. After Dempsey's the 3 of us went to Denny's to get a bite to eat along with Jen's boyfriend who had just gotten off work at Damon's. Overall it was a really good night.

Saturday I promised Crow that I would help him out by picking him up in Decatur and giving him a ride back to Bloomington. See thing is with Crow is that he "was" a very aggressive driver and likes to speed and travel close behind other vehicles. Well he got himself 4 tickets within a year and lost his license. To get his license back he had to take a driver reeducation class that was being held in Decatur. Our old roommate Nolan who now lives and works in Decatur picked him up from Bloomington brought him back to Decatur and Crow stayed the night there and then went to the class on Saturday. Well I went and got his sorry butt and we went back to Bloomington. Boy, it sure was nice being back at my apartment, the one I have paid rent in full for but have not really lived in for a whole 2 months. I felt like I was a visitor but with my own room. Very odd feeling. Once back in Bloomington though Crow treated me to a great dinner at Chevy's and also a pitcher of Margaritas. Very good stuff. Well that filled us up so much that we had to just chill out for a few hours but also got us in the mood to do some more drinking. Lucky for us that from friends of ours were having a small gathering at their apartment. I, of course, decided not to head back to Springfield just yet. It ended up being a good night. Drinking games and loud crazy drunkenness. I met a few new people too because since I have been gone Crow and Phil have expanded to hanging out with more people. So I met Heidi and Kara and chilled with other friends from school.

Sunday I took Crow to work at 8am and then came back and went back to bed because I had trouble getting to sleep and didn't get to sleep until about 6am so I had only slept for about an hour and a half before I needed to get up. I was able to sleep until about 1:30pm so that helped. After that I went to watch Phil bowl in the Bloomington City Tournament. And John a fellow bowler bowled a 300 his first game. I have now witnessed 2 of the ISU bowling teamers bowl a 300 and another bowled a 300 when I wasn't there. Crazy stuff.

I just got bored with writing. I have been slowly writing this for a decent time now so I am just going to stop. I might post more in the morning. I'm just going blank cause I'm getting so tired. Later!

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters