Sunday, January 16, 2005

Ed Fest Day 2 recap

Well well well, I think that the Ed Fest Part 2: The Bar Hop went rather well. I thought we might have a larger crowd but then again I think that the crowd might have been just large enough.

Meeting at the first bar Spammy's on Stanford, I was the first one there. Which is fine by me because I go in there every so often and I knew quite a few people there already so I rubbed a few elbows and chatted for a while. Then the people started arriving. Ed, Reier, Shoofly, Laura and myself. We hung there for a while then we all headed to Harry's on Highland. Here more people met up with us Jessie, Melissa, and Philly G. We hung out, played some megatouch, sat around chatting and toasting and having a good time.

Then the news came, we are all going to The Still which is a bar in New Berlin. It was probably about a 20 - 25 minute drive away. I followed Philly G out there while the rest went downtown to consolidate their cars. Phil and I took our time though. Sat around Harry's and finished our drinks and chatted a little bit more. Emphasized how glad I was that he came out because he was doing the wishywashy thing and saying "maybe" to us earlier when talking on the phone.

So we all went out to The Still which is a tribute to me, the name looks kinda close to something doesn't it? Well, I liked that bar alot. They did the beer in cans and the cooler is one of those old time coolers that is built into the wall. It may even be rear feed. But it was all wood from the looks of it and it was like a dispenser too. They would pull one and anther would be right behind it on a shelf. I hope I gave a good enough of a description of that because it was pretty cool.

Well, the main reason that we went to the Still was because Posamist was playing there and we had to go and show our support to them. Not that we don't see them often enough with them always playing at Mojo's but it is good to show support when they play other places it means that they can get gigs and draw crowds which is good for a band. So every one but Reier and I left at about 12:30am or before so that they could make last call at DH Browns. Reier and I stayed until about 12:45 and hit the last call at the Still so we were out of there and headed downtown Springfield.

We made it to Browns by about 1:05am and there was still a crowd in there. Ed, Jessie, and Shoofly were the only ones left. Reier decided to call it a night and was pretty tired so he went into his bar to go to sleep on his wonderful couches. So we chatted with people at Browns for a few minutes and then the 4 of us went to Norb Andy's for a few drinks.

Well for me by that time I felt I had my limit. I just had 1 beer there and I was done. I could feel the alcohol coursing through my veins. I was feeling fine but my body said, that's enough Kyle old boy, anymore and you will push yourself too far. So I try to listen to my body anymore. If I say stop then I stop. Shoo left the bar to head home. He was pretty tired. Then it was down to Jessie and Ed, and myself.

Ed and I discussed more of the old times and then how it would be if zombies could drink alcohol. I made the point that the zombies congregate around the shopping center because "it is what they remember" like it is a reflex or something. Well if Ed and I were zombies we would be down sitting at the bar drinking our zombie woe's away. I would be a nice zombie and after I turn a normal person into a zombie I would offer to buy them a drink. Misery loves company.

I can't wait for Ed Fest Part 3: Bring on the Zombies!!!

My night continues on for a little bit nothing much though. I get a hankering for some good food that I don't have to prepare myself. Oh man, going into the premade food section at Schnucks at 2:45am while being pretty darned toasty is just the best ever. I steered clear of the donuts this time because I was craving salty and meaty. I got myself a poorboy sub which is a lot of meats and cheeses and maybe some veggie toppings. I can't remember. But that wasn't enough. I think, hmm, what else would I like to eat. They have all sorts of things premade and I decided to get these oh-so-awesome Corn dog pack, not the cheap kind either these are quality meat and batter I can tell and tasted so so good. So I got that and went home and chowed down while sitting at the computer for a while.

Then I went to bed at about 4am and the world was spinning, oh boy. I made it though, no getting sick and I slept great, well that is until 7:15am when my Uncle is beating on our front door and wakes the entire family up....

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 16, 2005 9:50:00 PM , Blogger phillip said...

you probably got that from watching shaun of the dead. the truth is, zombies have no memory of their former life. zombie movies make great entertainment, but remember that they're fiction. zombies only go to shopping malls to find living flesh. if a zombie notices you, it will attack. instead of offering it a shot, you should kill it.

 
At Monday, January 17, 2005 1:25:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

AH HA! PHIL! I hadn't seen nor knew the premise of Shaun of the Dead until tonight when I watched it for the first time. Ed and I came up with going to Browns (Winchester) with the gun above the door all on our own. That is OUR idea. We actually came up with it right after watching Dawn of the Dead back in the spring time. So while watching it, it was as if it were happening to Ed and myself. It was exactly what we would have done. Those men are BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT!!

 
At Monday, January 17, 2005 6:02:00 PM , Blogger phillip said...

right, and look how well that turned out. it's sad to know that if zombies ever attack, you'll all die or become infected and i won't have any friends left.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters