Thursday, January 27, 2005

sigh of relief

Oh man, I feel so much better knowing that my paycheck is in the bank. I've been scrimping which means I haven't been spending much money at all and making what I have last. I thought I might have to dish out money I don't have towards new tires. But I don't. See in addition to the now fixed problems with my door (key hole, window, dent). I have tire problems. The other day my front right tire was flat. Well my dad aired it up and then it slowly went flat again. This started Sunday morning. So I go get my tire patched because obviously there is a leak and it isn't stopping on its own. Well I go and apparently my rim is rusted and bent and is causing me to lose air. The auto place patched it as well as it could but it was only temporary and I would need an entirely new tire. SO I'm like, crap. But then after I get that patched and aired up instead of my car veering toward the damaged tire it veers insanely to the left. SO I'm thinking that my other tire is messed up too. I chat with my dad about what to do because just 1 tire brand new would be about 113 dollars. At that moment I didn't have enough for that. I barely had enough to pay for the patch. We decide that both tires must be messed up and it would be better to replace both of them at the same time anyway. So my dad was going to refer me to the place where I bought the car but then I chimed in saying what about my uncle's Auto Salvage yard? Great idea! I gave him a call and after a few calls back and forth he found that he has the exact tires that I need at his yard. So he is bringing them to me today because he comes into town on Thursdays anyway so that worked out. Also he is not charging me. I'm like, Awesome! He did mention that maybe I can make some of my famous chocolate chip cookies for him as payment. I haven't had time to do that since he only mentioned this yesterday but I will make them for him soon. He is the biggest fan of my chocolate chip cookies. I hate to see the look of disappointment in his eyes when I come to family functions not bearing cookies. But when I do he usually swipes a whole bunch to keep off to the side so he can enjoy them for days after. So yeah, today I'm getting tires for my car. I'm glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters