Monday, February 14, 2005

Good Grief

I'm getting grief for not posting often enough on my blog. I'm getting grief for not drinking alcohol for Lent. The thing about Lent is that you are supposed to give up something meaningful. Something that will be difficult for you but you must overcome. Technically you are supposed to be reminded of the pain and suffering that Jesus went through for us. That idea has been somewhat lost with our pop modern culture. So I gave up alcohol. I am around it constantly. I enjoy it. Friends peer pressure you into drinking it. I felt that it would be a great thing to give up and I still feel it is. So what if I am not drinking on Saint Patrick's Day. If I am there hanging out with you and having a good time is that not good enough for you? Maybe you would rather I not even hang out. That can be arranged. I have no problem with staying out of your drunken path. Be thankful for what you have or else realize what you have in the first place.

"Ooh, it's been St. Patrick's Day for hours, and I'm still not drunk yet."

Mr. Shoo says that I am his inspiration. That sounds like a load of bull to me. You read my ramblings and it inspires you to write something in your own blog? Highly doubt it. Response postings don't count as inspirations. How about I inspire you to not drink also? Can't do it can you?

5 Comments:

At Monday, February 14, 2005 12:01:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

So now I am an old man. Wonderful!

 
At Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:06:00 AM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man- alcohol isn't an essential element to going out and having a good time with your friends...I mean, what did you do before college?

OK...scratch that. I don't want to be the one to take the blame when you dig out your old D&D boards and die...

Anyway, I know I didn't give you any grief for not drinking at Monica's, and it was cool seeing you guys away from a bar. Um...a CASH bar. Uhh.

Good to see you're blogging again. Keep it up, buttercup!

 
At Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:54:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Yeah yeah, blog blog. I never did the D&D thing thank you very much. Maybe you are thinking back to your youth so many years ago Mark? I don't get a whole lot of flack from not drinking, just some here and there.

 
At Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:54:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters