Sunday, May 01, 2005

Thank you everyone.

I did the Multiple Sclerosis Walk this afternoon. It was great. My dad accompanied me on the walk even though he wasn't registered. It is always nice to have someone walking with you, it isn't as lonely. We acted like he was registered though just for the sake of blending. I raised enough for the both of us.

It was at Washington Park. The walk 1 time around was 1.5 miles and there was option to do 2 laps which then would be 3 miles. My dad and I did the whole 3 miles. All of the "goodie bags" were gone by the time we got done though. I was a little disappointed with this. They said that they had 250 "goodie bags" and they went really fast. I didn't think to stop and get one at the beginning of our second time around. We did have some really good bbq sandwiches which were being served by some very friendly nuns. My dad purchased a MS bracelet for me which says HOPE and nationalmssociety.org on it and it is red. Please DO NOT confuse this with the STL Cardinals bracelets that are out there. It is NOT a STL Cardinals bracelet.

They had neat things there. The Pink Elephant was there. They had 2 clowns making balloon animals and other things for the children. Don Hickman and his wife (who has Multiple Sclerosis) kicked off the walk with a small speech. Also WAND News was there interviewing people and getting footage of the walkers. They had food, snacks, goodie bags, free massages. There were also T-shirts for people who raised $100 or more.

On my MS Walk Webpage there is an "Honor Roll" of those who helped make this a success for me. Thank you everyone! I appreciate everything you have done, My mother appreciates everything that you have done, and I am sure the MS Society appreciates you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters