Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just Me

I can only be myself. Sorry, I can't be someone else.





Today (Wednesday) was a fun day. Woke up to go to work and my car was dead. Yep, my baby was dead and wasn't doing a darn thing. So I call my supervisor and let her know that I will be late. I then proceed to use my mom's car to jump my car. It works. I drive to work. I park the car. Then just to try it out after I turn the car off I try to start it right back up. It doesn't. It is yet again dead as can be. So then the janitor helps me jump my car after my morning shift. I drive the car straight to the dealer. Drop it off (10:45am), have a few other things done to it while it is in there, oil change, fuel system flush, and fuel filter changed. I then get picked up there and go home, just to turn around and drive my mom's car to class. I finish class and come home and call to check on my car. 1:45pm by this time, they say it just got in the bay and it would be longer than an hour before it is done. I have to be back at work by 2:30, so then I say, fine, I assume it will be done by 10:30am tomorrow morning? They say, of course. We say our goodbyes, and then I mentally prepare myself for bumming my parent's car for the next day. 5 minutes later the dealer calls me and says that my car is finished and that I can come get it. I'm like, um, I talked to you 5 minutes ago and it was an hour. They said something to the extent that the other guy that I talked to didn't know how far along it was. So then my dad drives me out there to pick it up. A good chunck of change later, I am driving my car to work. Then to night class. Then to hang out with RD. And now here I am. The car is running smooth as ever now. Oh, apparently my battery was just dead, that's all. I think the culprit was my cell phone car charger because when plugged in it glows and the outlet always has power. SO it has been slowly slowly ever so slowly killing my battery until today when it killed it the rest of the way. So I now know, only plug it in when I'm actually charging the cell phone.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:58:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

K- I too learned the hard way about the car-phone chargers, in my friend's 1995 Chrysler Van. Apparently most American made models allow the charger to run 24/7, which drains your batter like a mo-fo. In my new Nissan though, it disconnects when the car goes off...

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:32:00 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

That must be why I thought Kyle was nuts....my mitsubishi knows better ;)

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006 8:51:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! We heart foreign cars... Although mine WAS manufactured in Tennessee, thank you very much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters