Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Ed is gone

Well not totally but as for me he as left. He will hit the road tomorrow night (Wednesday night) and head for a few destinations before finally arriving in sunny and warm Sarasota, Florida. Highs in the mid 60's lows in the mid 40's. I doubt there will be any snow or ice there. Exactly what Ed had in mind. It's been a good good good last 5 years. So many experiences and occasions that I cannot possibly attempt to count ALL of them. The good times and the bad times. Someone that I can confide in and know that I can return the favor. So much shit that I know. So much shit that he knows. If I ever needed anything Ed was there. I could only attempt to do the same for him. He is "moving on" now. He doesn't know how much moving on he will do but I think it will be more than he thinks. Time will tell on that one. Hell, maybe he will come back sooner than expected? You never know. No one does. Life throws many daggers at us all. The best we can do it attempt to avoid them. If I was in a position to join Ed down in sunny sunny Florida I might consider it but I can't go anywhere until I get a degree that can guarantee a job for me. My pursuit of a teaching degree will help with that. Every town has a school of some sort. It is just as easy of a skill to take around the world as bartending. Ed and I always talked about how you can go anywhere and bartend. Teaching is the same way. Our youth need education. So I wish Ed the best of luck. I'm not good with goodbyes but mainly because I know it isn't the end. It is never the end unless you make it the end. We'll hang again soon enough. When that happens it might just have to be an all nighter with sweet sweet chocolate long john donuts in the morning.

LONG LIVE donuts, zombies, dinosaurs, Jack, double Captains, Photohunt, music festivals, getting lost, rubber chickens, baseball games, new bars in new cities, Superman, Batman, Cream Cheese!, T-Bone, random drives, Cowboy mouth, Running out of gas, Coors Light, following the light, free movies, Natty Ice, forgetting movies, Driving Josh, crazy women, My wedding date, My bachelor party, mistakes, Midnight showings, whipped cream, St. Pat's official and observed, July, Mr. Kirk, never seeing the band, Hard Core, Pot 'O Gore, bacon, The Boot!, surpassing the drunkest we've ever been each time, nerd fest, Ruth's Chris, White Castle, Wendy's, Bellacino's, Tabasco, The Curve, The President, following Jenny home, Tupac and oldies, Top down Cruise control, Swimming with drunk girls, homemade breakfast, the search of the best bacon cheese burger, free comics, successful trips, failed trips, foil bowl, the game of life, sleeping in the car, 5 for 5, GREEN!, mach 3, crushes, regrets, Hug, Early birds and All nighters, insomniacs forever!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:12:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

Ed recently decided to leave Wednesday night rather than Thursday early morning. He prefers to drive at night which I do also. It isn't that big of a difference in time.

Thanks, I'm a cheeseball. Great. Should I just say, kids don't need education and screw them? I know I'm thankful for the teachers that I've had along the way.

 
At Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:48:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did he leave and what is he planning on doing down there in sarasortaboring?

 
At Wednesday, January 19, 2005 8:54:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

He moved to Sarasota to be close to his grandma and that is where she lives. He hates cold weather which is here not there. He "plans" on looking for work in that area. Does that help? Mr. or Ms. Anonymous.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters