Monday, January 17, 2005

The Final Day - Fin

Last night was the 3rd day of Ed Fest 2005.

I thought it was continuing longer than that like through at least Tuesday night at Mojos but I guess that isn't considered part of Ed Fest 2005 at all. Last night we which includes Jessie and Ed, Kirsten and me, Shoofly, Jenny, and Philly G all were at Jessie's place to watch some good Zombie flicks. First was the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Still awesome and still gorey. Although I still think that it could have been turned up louder. Jessie didn't seem as scared as she could have been but oh she was scared. You don't think that someone would cover their eyes so much watching it for the second time. But she did. I think that I am desensitized now because I knew what to expect and I was looking for the little things this time around. Things that I didn't pick up on the first time and stuff like that.

After Dawn we then proceeded to watch Shaun of the Dead. I just have to say that I LOVED IT! The main characters are Ed and I practically or at least what we once were. See, we are moving on in our lives. No more partying. Well, ok, there will still be partying. They are in love with a bar. Their lives don't seem to go anywhere. It is a great Brittish movie. I recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a romantic zombie comedy movie. Well all the while for watching these movies Ed and I are downing the Beast Ice and Jessie is downing some kind of wine. We all claimed not to be feeling it but oh, I think we were. Not in the WOOHA! type of way but in the we're getting mellowed out kind of way. I know for sure that is what happened to me.

I also had not eaten much yesterday considering that I slept so late and had a late start getting going. After the movie the plan was for more drinking. I couldn't drink much more with no food so I stopped and got myself some double cheese burgers and mc chickens at McDonalds.

We all headed down to Mojo's where Reier was open but not for much longer. I was surprised no one told me, he started turning all the lights off at midnight and we were all leaving and going to the Alamo. I had 1 beer at Reier's and then I was getting tired. I also felt a little queasy because I don't think the burgers were setting very well with me. Well, at least I think it was the burgers.

So I just sat at the alamo while everyone just chit chatted around me. I got at least 1 question as to if I was okay. Which I was. I'm not a wuss. No burger is going to beat me. Well, I was tempted many times to leave early but I didn't get the energy for that so I just sat around until everyone else was leaving and then I bolted for my car. Sometimes when it is just me in my car alone listening to the radio is when I'm happiest.

That goes back to the time when I wanted to be a truck driver. I sometimes still ponder that. Getting away from all the crap that I have put into my life and all the crap other people dump into my life too. It isn't all me. But then, that is life isn't it? You deal with the punches. Put ice on it to numb it and then you move on.

I just can't wait to get this Spring class over with and then start classes at UIS and become a el ed teacher. With that degree I could go anywhere I wanted. A male teacher in Elementary Education. It is the gold job, they don't have enough men because men teachers mainly go for teaching high school and college level. It is a good thing that I love kids. Maybe then I can move away. Start my own life. Live for myself.

I've got a good base here too but a lot of the time I feel as though there is nothing here for me. I just have too much time until I'm able to leave all of this. For now I'm just stuck. I brought it upon myself. 5 years of school I should have been done by now.

This is Limbo, the scenery is nice but is it real?

This is a funny movie clip with Chris Parnell from SNL. I don't think that it is a skit from SNL though. Farm Sluts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters