Monday, January 10, 2005

It is Monday again

Yes folks, it is Monday yet again. No matter how many of them we have it seems that another one is always around the corner and then BAM! there it is. No big plans for today. At work we get to move from the stage to the library permanently. The library is cozier but not as much space to put all of our stuff. I'm not too excited about the move. We are getting moved because of other after school activities that are interfering with our daily routine. Bah, who needs them anyway. After my morning shift I have to drop by the Scope Office to submit my official college transcripts thus far. Something I must not have been told or I was for some reason not paying attention in the hiring process but they need my transcripts because my rate of pay is based upon my college credits. My position requiring a minimum of 60 credit hours to hold it. I was notified last week of this saying that I have about 2 and a half weeks to submit it or else I can either get a reduction of pay or immediate termination. Well of course I jumped on this immediately and I actually got the transcripts mailed to me within 2 days. But they came a little late on Friday so I am just taking them in tomorrow. That is a load off my chest. To think I could lose my job over something like that. I wouldn't stand for it. So tomorrow consider my job safe and secured.

Sorry to anyone looking forward to a movie night this past evening. I left it up to Ed, Shoofly and Jessie to keep something going but as I have heard from Shoo, he didn't see a movie. That's too bad. I was hoping it would continue without me. Natalie and Reier were up for seeing a movie. Did anyone else go out for a movie?

I did end up watching a movie here all snuggled up in my bed though. I watched Shrek and Shrek 2 back to back. That was fun. Maybe tomorrow I will watch/listen to the commentaries on both of them in order too! I'm such a movie geek. But hey, I LOVE MOVIES!

My mom is up right now. She is in the other room unable to sleep. We just had one of those awkward moment that a Mother and Son try to avoid. She is in there and was watching the movie Frieda with Selma Hyak and it is good. I come in and sit down and start watching the movie with her. Then a part comes on where Frieda is getting all bisexual and is buck naked (and looking very hot) and having sex with another woman. Now I can't just get up and run out. That isn't very mature. But hell, how much more uncomfortable can that be. It's like, well, isn't this nice. So I kind of do the awkward looking around thing. You know what I'm talking about. It's like, you're looking at the screen but acting like you don't want to be looking at the screen. I try to rationalize and say that we are both adults so it shouldn't be a problem but SHE IS MY MOM! Dudes are not supposed to watch with their mom, entertainment containing women having sex together. Even if it was straight heterosexual sex it would still be weird cause that isn't something your mom and you should watch at the same time. Now I have had movies where I know that my mom would like it. And it has parts that I know would be uncomfortable to watch with her so I preface to her that she would like it but I won't watch it with her. She totally understands where I am coming from. Bah, enough about that. I feel icky even mentioning the awkward moment. But I feel that maybe some of you out there might be able to relate.

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 10, 2005 3:24:00 AM , Blogger phillip said...

the trick is to acknowledge it without grossing her out. you know, say "daaaaaaamn" but cover up the semi. if you can't handle it, i'll watch lesbians with your mom anytime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters