Saturday, January 08, 2005

I'm a whore for the money

Yeah. I worked the bar tonight. It was a decent night. Mike, Lori, Stacy, and Jessie were working with me tonight or rather I worked with them. I'm just the door guy. I check IDs and make sure no underagers get in. We weren't extremely busy tonight either. Other people came in such as Ed, Farah, Jenny, Melissa, Anna, Jeff, Shoofly, Reier, and so on.

Ed is moving in about a week and a half to Sarasota, Florida to start his new life without us. He wants to be closer to family that lives there and that is understandable. Live life for yourself and what you want to do first. Don't be a slave to the man.

Farah is doing well. She loves me and she told me so. That is in that you're a great friend and you'll never score kind of love. Which is cool.

Jenny got back from her trip to France to visit her sister who is studying abroad there. She apparently didn't have much to say about France. I noticed people trying to get information out of her about her trip and she wasn't too talkative. She and I chatted Scope gossip since we both do that for a job.

Melissa stopped in. She is doing well. I inquired as to whether or not she worked out today. She said she did, which is awesome. I let her know that I did my Hilton hike today since the soreness of Monday and Tuesday has finally left me. It was good to see her out. Although it would be nice if she would join us on movie nights too. Sometimes we all need a night where we can do an activity outside of a bar/alcohol setting. Sometimes I think everyone is a little too dependant on the stuff. It is empowering to exercise restraint. I know I like to do it every so often.

Anna and Jeff, it was great to see them. I pair them together because well, they are together. Anna has been making it down here from Chicago a decent amount in the last few weeks and I'm loving it. I can't get enough Anna and I also love it when she "accidentally" leans over and rests her boob on my hand. Props to that. :)

Shoofly was his usual self. He partied. He mingled. He watched the door for me at least once while I used the bathroom to PEE. We didn't have a whole lot to chat about except that I found out he didn't have internet for most of the day and that is why there were no posts during the day after he left for work. So sad to go for a majority of a day without internet priveledges. I know that it must have been tough.

Reier is doing well. He has finally decided to go back to UIS and finish his progress towards a Bachelors in Psychology. He doesn't have much to go but it won't be done right away. It is too hard to own and run a bar and go full time to college. I totally understand where he is coming from. He is really stoked about going back though. He even bought a UIS ballcap. Pretty spiffy.

I didn't talk much with Jessie tonight. Hard to do that when I'm at the door and she is waitressing and I'm not in her section. She appeared to be having a good night which is great.

Stacy was great as usual. On top of asking if I needed drinks but I took it upon myself to go to the bar to get refills tonight since it wasn't that busy. Plus I wasn't in a huge drinking mood. All I drank was a messup that was a Captain and Coke that she brought to me. Then later I had a shot of Jack. All the rest I had was water.

Lori and I were in agreement that the night was going incredibly slow. The hour from 11pm to midnight went the slowest out of all of the evening hours. It was a little eerie.

I almost made Mike pass out tonight. At about 12:15 I went to the bar and ordered a round for him, Lori, Jessie, and Stacy of whatever they wanted. Mike asked me if I wanted a drink and I said. You know what. How about they get their drinks and you and I do a shot of Jack together. So we did. It was good. I owe so many drinks to so many people. The best way to pay them back is to buy them a drink. Mike was funny about it. He didn't really almost pass out but he acted like his knees were all wobbly. I'm just glad that I could do something for them. I plan on getting them back more as time goes on. I still am not great on money though.

Aunt Molly. The coolest Aunt Molly that I know was in tonight. She informed me that she has read my blog. I was like, really? Cool! But she then goes on to say that I need to mention her more. Well. Before she headed out for wherever she was going she stopped to chat with me at the door. She tried to get information out of me about who my New Years kiss was with. This sure is getting to a lot of people. I'm loving it. People actually interested in my personal life? Heh. Funny stuff. More like they are surprised I have a private life. I am a very open person. I don't hide much but it appears that the more aloof that I am the more people are interested. I've heard things about this type of scenario before but I never quite believed it. So, I will not be releasing that information just yet. I will keep you thirsting for more. All of you!

I'm surprised that I didn't get pressured more into going out tonight. I think people are starting to realize that I will do what I want. If I am not in a mood for a 3am bar then I am not going to do a 3am bar. Sometimes I am in the mood though. So it is alright to still ask me but excess pressuring probably won't help out the cause.

I work again tomorrow night, which is my official night scheduled. I took on tonight to work for a little extra money. I need it. I don't get paid until next Thursday and I just hope to make the money last.

Well, this is a nice LONG POST. I hope it satisfies your lust for me. I love the way you smile at me.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, January 08, 2005 7:04:00 AM , Blogger phillip said...

secrets sure are fun. the next thing that happens is everybody realizes you're not talking, so they stop caring. but good for you, don't kiss and tell. even if everybody forgets and maybe doesn't believe you, you're doing the right thing.

 
At Saturday, January 08, 2005 7:05:00 AM , Blogger phillip said...

...and that's when i posted on kyle's blog at 7am instead of getting donuts. which worked out fine cause that's how i found five dollars.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters