Monday, March 07, 2005

Little did you know...

So today has been a good day so far. Slept in until about noon. Got ready then went and picked up a friend for lunch. We went to Norb Andy's and both of us had their Hamburger Horseshoe. Oh boy was that good. I think it was better than the horseshoe that I had at Red Coach Inn last week. I'm still a big fan of the horseshoe at Darcy's Pint though but now it has been a while since I've had one there. Well after lunch I just came on home. Hung out here. Caught up on posting comments on Mr. Shoo's site. Then I realized that the Cubs were playing a televised Spring Training game. That was pretty cool but I didn't know who half of the guys were because they were invitees just there for Spring Training, hoping that they get hired on at the major league level. It was still great to watch. I miss baseball so much. I'm so glad that the regular season is about to start. GO CUBS!

I don't know if I mentioned it previously but yesterday the Fighting Illini lost their first game of the season which also happened to be the last game of the regular season. They made it 29-1 including that unfortunate loss. A record breaking season. It isn't over yet though. They still have the Big 10 Tournament and the NCAA Tournament to clean up in. I expect them to go all the way. We are going to run circles around the other teams. Have faith. Who wants to be a realist(pessimist) when an optimist feels so much better?

I saw the movie Million Dollar Baby with 2 friends last night. That was an amazing movie. Hilary Swank did a great job and rightly deserved the Oscar for performance by an actress in a leading role. My take on it is like this. She does such a good job that when I watched the movie I didn't see Swank playing a character I only saw the character. Now with Clint Eastwood's character I watch him and I think, ah there is Clint the entire movie. Understand what I'm saying? I hope so. If you have not seen Million Dollar Baby yet, GO! GO SEE IT NOW! It rocks. Oh also, Morgan Freeman is the MAN! I'm a huge fan of his performances. He picks good stuff and does a great job.

Tonight I will hopefully be able to go see the movie The Aviator. I have really wanted to see it since it came out but friends seem to be dancing around going to see that one. Hopefully I have found people to go see that one with me. It is almost 3 hours long and is a period piece about a guy that people of my generation really don't know about. But it looks really good and it did well at the Academy Awards and even without doing well it was still high on my list. The Awards just reinforce me wanting to see movies that I have put off seeing for too long.

Lots O' movies in theaters for me the past few days. I saw Meet The Fockers on Saturday evening, Million Dollar Baby last night, and hopefully I will see The Aviator tonight. I also saw Sideways about 1 week ago too. I sure do love movies.

You want to not hang with me then I can let that happen. Why should I bother with someone who doesn't want to chill? So maybe I will just let you be until you get your act together. You've got a little soulsearching to do. Better get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters