Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Mardi Gras!


Today is freakin FAT TUESDAY! Oh how I wish I was in New Orleans right now but alas I am not. I've been to New Orleans 3 times, once for Mardi Gras and twice for Halloween. Both holidays are awesome times but I recommend going for Halloween because it is just so much more fun. Less tourists.


So anywho, I didn't go walking yesterday. I needed to recover from my all day drinking fest I had on Sunday. I was up pretty late Sunday night and wasn't able to get enough sleep so I spent my break on Monday napping. Today I made up for it though. I did a little extra to put me over 3 miles walked instead of the usual 2.5 miles I've been doing.

Tonight I plan on going out. I have no idea what I am going to be doing. I know that Ed is working down at DH this evening so I will probably head there although I did hear about a FOAM PARTY at Busters up on Peoria Road or something like that. I personally have never been there but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I also know that Harry's is having a Mardi Gras party with a DJ and Gumbo to eat. Mmmm, Gumbo.

Besides that I haven't really heard of anything.

So at midnight starts the season of LENT. I remember last year I gave up a few things, alcohol, soda, and fast food. As of right now I really don't eat fast food nor drink soda. Also I don't want to give up alcohol since I just got done taking 2 and a half months off from it so I think I'm good in that department. So, This year I think I am going to do something even more difficult for me. You may ask, how can you get more difficult than those? Well, I plan on giving up all bread and bread related products. Starchy vegetables are still okay. I'm going more for processed items like, cereal, bread, pastas, crackers, and things of that nature. I am in love with bread. I can eat a slice every time I pass through the kitchen. SO I am doing this for me and for LENT. It will be tough. Very tough. There is so much bread out there.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:39:00 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I'm giving up fast food. I give myself about a week to cave for convenience's sake.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am going to give up cheese...
ss

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters