Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Let the mysteries unfold

So I have finally done it. I have started reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I've been wanting to tackle this series since I saw the movie. So far so good. And it seems that the movie stays pretty close to the book.

Also I have found that there are arguments over the proper order in which to read the books. There is the order of publication date or there is the internal chronological order. I am going with the order of publication date because I read that it helps to keep things shrouded in mystery and suspense instead of knowing about things before things happen. Or whatnot. At least it matters for a first time reader. Now when I plan on revisiting them I read it won't matter as much obviously since I would have read them all already.

*** addition
Here is a link to Wikipedia where it has a good description of the reading order argument. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Narnia
***

So I am starting with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The first published in the series.



Now I think that I will fly through these books because they don't appear to be as long as Harry Potter was. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy them just the same.

I would like to thank my sister Jen for bringing me this boxed set of Narnia while I was in the hospital. Shannon was supposed to have chipped in so I will thank her too. Thank you Jen and Shannon.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:41:00 AM , Blogger the good time girl said...

i love the narnia series!! i've got all the books combined into one big book. i'm now interested to see how they have them published...whether it's by publication date or chronological order.

 
At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up douche? You don't believe that your favorite sister Shannon kicked in? I am offended!!!!

:)

 
At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:00:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Offended my butt. If we are anything alike it takes quite a bit to offend a Stillwagon. Thanks again sis.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://dtlzbqin.com/tfcj/zuqk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ozrwrhhi.com/nvej/tjtg.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://dtlzbqin.com/tfcj/zuqk.html | http://gzfnjeec.com/lrse/ulns.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters