Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What a HORRIBLE day!

Oh my. My sore legs were the focal point at the beginning of my day but by the end of my day I could care less that I have limited mobility. Get me one of those power wheel chairs I see advertised during daytime tv.

To start my day I couldn't sleep last night. I have been going on about 2 hours of sleep. That includes my 20 minute nap that I was able to get in during my break between shifts.

Lack of sleep = sucky day

Then after my morning shift I was supposed to have a coffee date with a friend. It was my friend's idea and my friend even said that they would buy because they wanted to hang out and shoot the breeze. Well, I got off work at 10:30am, I called my friend at 11am, I left a message at 11am and it is now 3:20 in the morning and I have yet to hear from my friend. So obviously the coffee date didn't happen. I got stood up for a date that I didn't even plan. I was looking forward to it and was greatly disappointed but life goes on. I'll just have to have some words and sort this out. I just hope that nothing bad happened.

Getting stood up = sucky day

So I do my afternoon shift. I try to loosen my legs up by being active and shoot some hoops with the children. I think it helped a little but yeah, still awefully sore. Stairs are my enemy.

Still sore 2 days later = sucky day

Then I do dinner and head to my night job at the video store. The DM is coming tomorrow so of course the store needs to be in tip top shape. Plus like a million copies of Talledega and World Trade center need to be put out and all the other super cleaning chores (moping, dusting, super straightening). Instead of getting out of work at 12:25ish we get out at about 1am.

Staying late at work = sucky day

So I then head home. But it is Monday so I decide to stop by Chantilly since it is on my way home and just a mile from my house. Pleasant time there with friends. I won't lie.

Hanging with friends = not enough to negate sucky day

At 2am I decide I had better get home and crash. I need sleep. Looking forward to my bed. I hop in my car and pull out of the parking lot. But something isn't right... What could it be. I pull over at the ATM across the street. I get out of my car. I look at my tires on my side.... they are fine. I walk around to the other side of the car and LO AND BEHOLD! I HAVE A FREAKIN FLAT TIRE! It is still going down so I think, there is a free air pump on the other corner. So I hop back in the car and drive it around the median and pull it up to the air pump. I start to fill it up. It's going up. I'm like yay! Wahooo! So then I think, okay that is enough air to get me home.... just 1 mile remember? Well, I go back to the tire to put the cap back on the nozzle. And it sounds as though I am still putting air INTO the tire... but I'm not... so that only can mean... that air is coming out of the tire insanely fast. DANG! I think, okay okay okay okay.... I can do this. I've never done it before but I know what to do. I have been briefed many a time. I jack the car up. I get the hubcap off. I'm trying to get the lugnuts or bolts or whatever off of the Freakin tire. They won't budge. I'm like, no no no no. I try and I try. I wanted to do this on my own soooo badly. But I was doing something wrong. So I then did what I felt I had to do. I called my dad. Dad to the rescue. He came, showed me what I was doing wrong, apparently I shouldn't have lifted the car up at the beginning but rather after I had gotten the bolts loose. So we switched it. He gave me some great pointers that I was not aware of. He advised me of what I should do in the morning. I then went home, and he followed. I made sure to thank him many many times since I woke him up at 2:30am to get out of bed and out of his house to help me switch a tire.

Flat tire at 2am = sucky day

Unable to fix myself = sucky day

Have to claim defeat and call my dad for help = sucky day

Knowing that I'm going to have to dish out money to get this tire fixed = sucky day


Now I sit here recapping what a horrible day I have had and that brings me back to the fact that I am going on 2 hours of sleep and it is now 3:45am and I have to be at work at 7am. So I am already not starting tomorrow off on the right foot.

I am just glad that TODAY IS OVER! I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, re: "sucky day" item #1...

I just found your weblog, via a blogroll link from gotshoo?, at which I had posted this comment, last night/this morning.

Incidentally, I did not make the all-nighter... which may mean that I'm getting old, something that I've been worried about, which is sad, considering that I'm 25.

And what's also sad is that my Finals Week assignment, which I was supposed to have in on Friday morning, it due for my class today, in a little over five hours.

And yet, I'm glad I could stop in here, to comment on your weblog. I remember back in 2003, I also posted a Finals-day message at JoshClaybourn.com, back when his excellent weblog was being run from that site.

Things did indeed seem much simpler then... As I said, at another Springfield weblog last night/this morning, I wish that things were still the way that they once were.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:18:00 AM , Blogger JeromeProphet said...

Home tomorrow brings something better for you.

JP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters