Friday, March 16, 2007

A Little Freaked Out

Okay. So I don't scare too easily. I do startle easily but that isn't necessarily scared. I'm a little scared.

It is about 2:30am and I am sitting here at my computer just browsing blogs and checking my online stuff. It is totally quiet. I grew up in this house and I feel totally safe in this house. That is until something like this happens.

When I was growing up we had this Halloween doorbell that my mom always hung outside on Halloween night. It was a evil looking jack-o-lantern and you knock the knocker and it would make creepy noises and say things like beware and welcome in an evil sounding voice. I always thought it was cute and fun to do when I would enter the house.

It is March. Halloween decor has been put away for months. Where the decor has been stored I don't know. Usually it is put in the attic on the rafters until next season when we go up and get it down again. Again, I am sitting here and it is quiet, it is the middle of the night. It goes off. YES! It just went off and I have no idea where it came from. I immediately think, what a weird time for us to get a ghost. I don't totally believe in ghosts but I do believe anything is possible. Logically I assume something in the box that it is in shifted and pressed the button somehow. BUT why now? Why 5 months later? I have no idea. This has never happened before and it only went off once. This is why I am a little freaked out.

I just walked around the house and made sure that all locks on all the doors are locked. I'm going to bed now and pray that the boogieman does not get me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:11:00 PM , Blogger Sterno said...

I'll bet ya it's that damned plastic Easter Bunny up there in the other box of decorations.

Wascawwy wabbit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters