Tuesday, March 30, 2004

A little TLC...

Tonight was a chill night. I knew I didn't want to sit at home and do nothing at all so I went down to the bar but just to hang out. I did no drinking while there besides water. I had quite a bit of popcorn too. That stuff is addicting like no other! Hung out and chatted about nothing in particular. Played some games like Photohunt and Wordster with Kristina and Lauren. Met a guy named Jesse who works at The Curve Inn. He apparently remembers Ed, Lauren, and myself from when we've been in there lately. Melissa showed up and hung out towards the very end of the evening. Ed closed the bar down a little early because it was incredibly slow. Ed and I then went into Dempsey's to say hi to people. I got myself a Rolling Rock while I chilled because it is just a dollar. Nice. Merf was bartending and kinda chatted with him for a sec. R showed up with Shane and they said hi. Listened to some live music by Joe. After that Ed and I met up with Lauren and her buddy Christopher at Steak N Shake. I again was just there to chill cause I knew I wasn't tired at all. I got myself a big water. Ed got his chocolate milkshake. Lauren and Christopher had already been there a while an were almost done with their food. We sat around and chatted for a while telling stories about pranks and funny things that we have done to other people. Ed and I reminisced about the old Phil and Kyle show that I obviously was a part of. Good times back in the day when Phil and I would just rip jokes and get "mad" at each other all the time. But all in good fun too. We knew we weren't serious.

So things that are on my mind. I am broke. Not literally but damned close. I got my tax return today and I got about 400 dollars back. I wouldn't even open it because I don't want it. No, not like that. I do want it but I am saving me from myself. If I put it in my immediate checking then I will end up spending it. So, I had my dad go and put it in my savings account that I have here in Springfield. It is safe now. I don't usually touch that account except for the necessities like rent or bills and such. I am doing all I can now... to try and save money. I have been driving the speed limit. You may say what?! Yes, speed limit for me is a money saver. Maybe not for you. But there is more to it than the speed limit. Like I will not rev the engine nor accelerate very fast. That uses gas at a rate faster than needed and gas costs money. So I am being a granny driver and pissing people off by driving right at the speed limit and gassing the car really slow when taking off from stop signs and traffic lights and such. The more constant of a speed and the more gradual increase of speed helps to not over use gasoline. PLUS I am also being a very safe driver because of this and I am treating my new baby so well as a result. My new baby is my car, A 1992 Geo Prism (Red). I have only had it since the end of December and before that I haven't had a car to drive as my own for over a year and a half. Not having any car at all makes a person value the actual priviledge of driving so much more. I am so good to it now. I try hard not to leave garbage inside it. I bought my baby a top of the line MagLite to keep inside it. I have oil and HEET in the trunk to keep it running smoothly. If I had the money I might even spend money on Premium gasoline. The kind that is unleaded is good according to Shoofly. I've washed it a few times. Too cold to do it myself and give her the TLC she deserves but soon enough I will get out the bucket and hose and wash her down in the front yard and then give her the good waxing that any other car will be jealous of.

Tomorrow I plan on going to see the movie Cheaper by the Dozen which stars Tom Welling who plays Clark Kent on the WB's Smallville. I will be seeing the earlier showing so that later in the evening I will be able to start a Night of the Living Dead-athon with Ed and Melissa. I just heard that she will be inviting April and Jules to join us also because they love scary movies. Cool in my book. SO tomorrow is a movie day for me. I had better get to sleep so that I will be well rested for all this movie watching I am going to be doing. Watching so many movies in a day is exhausting you know! It will be fun hanging out with people outside of bars. Lately everyone I see (besides ED) is out at the bars or at late night eating establishments.

I watched the CUBBIES today on ESPN. They did alright but lost. But as I learn from ED spring training doesn't really matter and to not really concern myself with scores because they are out there getting warmed up and used to certain rotations and such. It is all about learning what will work for the team in the regular season so if they learn something but lose, that is fine. I hope to catch a few Cub games this season. I saw 1 last season but time limited me. I should be able to do more now... we can all hope. :)


FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters