Thursday, May 06, 2004

Bet you thought I forgot...


Hello everyone! Things have been crazy and not crazy lately and I haven't been updating my blog. I'm sure you have noticed. This is what is going on right now. I am almost back in Springfield for good. Tomorrow I finish clearing out my belongings from my apartment up at ISU. Then I turn in my apartment key and say goodbye to ISU. It isn't an immediate goodbye though because I just did put in my 2 weeks notice at The UPS Store in Bloomington on Wednesday so to be fair I said I will work the full 2 weeks so that they can find a replacement for me. I really didn't want to have to leave them so soon because I was expecting to at least work there until the end of June but things are not working out that way and coming home and finding a job here is in my best interest right now. So I plan on commuting to work on the days that I do work and still living in Springfield.


So I am on the job market now. Gotta start working on my resume. BUT I just got some good news about 10 minutes ago. I had emailed an old boss of mine Mr. Ed Kasper at Box & Go telling him that I would still like to work for him as a full time manager if he has the opening. Well I hadn't gotten any word back yet and I know he checks his email daily. Apparently he called the house at like 9:30 this morning saying for me to give him a call. WOW! I think he might have that opening. I hope he does. But I don't want to work part time if that is all he has. When I started there he had an assistant manager Kristy who was awesome and knew her stuff but shortly after I left for school she also left to move to Belleville to be closer to her family. Since then Ed Kasper has not had an assistant manager and seeing as how I am still in the shipping industry I am not out of the loop and can jump right back in there. I'm so stoked.

Other job possibilities are getting an entry level job with Blue Cross Blue Shield or also applying for a managerial position at the Family Video corporate offices and then they can place me whereever. I really need a 9 to 5 type job where I can have nights and some weekends off and holidays off too. I also need to be making enough money that I can afford to eventually move out of my parents place and get my own place and start being a real adult. Not that I really want to be a real adult because from what I hear it isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Boring. I want excitement and living by the seat of my pants. Responsibility is nice for a while but then you need a break and for me I need breaks all the time. I will just need to try and find that equal balance that can provide me a happy life I suppose.

I'm going to miss everyone I've met up at ISU. Please keep in contact and I will try and do the same. I'm not good at that though so don't think I hate you or anything. I just might have a lot of crap going on since I'm trying to get a real life started up here for myself. Or else things slip my mind which I have no excuse for that, just me being me.

Well everyone, I plan on writing more and more. I'll keep posting on my job status, life status, and the status quo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters