Sunday, May 16, 2004

What a weekend...


Yeah, So this weekend was jammed packed with real life crap. Friday I had to work up in Bloomington that was fun as usual but then I come home and chill out for like an hour. Shave my head fresh for a fun night of working the door at the bar. Yes folks I work the door at the bar now. I'm so stoked. Well, I'm not the only guy but I'm going to start doing the door more often so that the other guys who do it can have some weekend nights off. So yeah, Friday night was my first night and I enjoyed myself but the night was a little later than I had hoped of course. I didn't end up getting to bed until about 2:15am and then I had to get up Saturday morning at about 6:45am so that I could get ready for a job fair at Blue Cross. Yes folks I have now had my first real world interview. It was fun, not the typical setup though. Usually you submit a resume and they call you for an interview or whatnot. Since this was a "job fair" there were hundreds of people there who were all submitting applications at the same time. We got tested on data entry skills in groups. This was freaking me out because I am hard on myself when I think I'm not doing well enough. Silly I know but it does depend on what it is I am doing. I felt I did a horrible job at the typing and I was actually worried. Half the classroom was called out first and I was like oh shit this isn't good. I wasn't the first half of the classroom. Then the rest of us get called out and the lady says that we passed the test and have earned an interview. I was like YES! WAHOO! So then I get to go back to the waiting area and sit there waiting and waiting and keep seeing other people getting called up by supervisors for a 1 on 1 interview. I finally get called up and I go interview. I personally think that I did a great job. I felt that the answers that I gave were great ones and really showed how much I care about the jobs I work for and the situations that I have been through that show that I can handle this job. Personally I think that being a customer service representitive would be pretty easy compared to some of the things that I have been through. I can handle stress, I work well with groups and solo, I like trying to do well for advancement. Hell I moved up to shift manager at a movie theater because why? oh yeah, because I asked. the position was opening up and I said to the other managers can I have that position. They were like, hmm, kyle is a good worker, sure why the heck not, so within 6 months of working at a place I go from peon to manager, I think that is pretty darned good. So I say I can handle it. I know when to buckle down. (Usually only when I want to) I know when I want to and need to. Blah, I'm on a tangent but hell I think I should get this job. My sister says that I will be lucky to get this job because not many people can go straight from one job to another on the 1st try. I say well I'm not everyone now am I? Am I most people? Can you sit there and say Kyle is just like everyone else? I hope to hell not. Sure I can be materialistic and succumb to societies pressures as does everyone else but on other levels I am not everyone else. I don't want to be everyone else. I do what I need to do to get by. Sometimes I need help, I am comfortable enough to admit that. Other times I want to make it on my own without anybody's help. This time it is a little mixed. I want this job because it will suit me fine for what I need in my life right now, I need routine and I need benefits and working for an insurance company I feel would be the best route to take. I can work for them and do a stellar job and then they can pay me and cover insurance. It sounds like a good trade off to me. So I hope I get this job. I want to get this job. I made it clear that I wanted the job when I was there. I hear that my cousins who work there have put in a good word for me. I feel confident in my skills and work history and with the interview that I will get the job. If they don't hire me then they are blind to see what they are missing out on. I've got what they are looking for and I don't see how they can pass. Time will tell and I will keep you posted. I am supposed to hear from them within 10 days if I recall correctly. WOOOOOO! Gotta love the real world. It can be a kick in the ass sometimes.

New movies today - Scary Movie, Scary Movie 2, and Fight Club

Got some exercise today, Mowing and then later a walk in the park. It felt really good to do both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters