Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Self Esteem Hurter

Yeah, that didn't help. So I don't have great self esteem. I'm a big guy and I have been for most of my life. I'm the nice buddy buddy friend who apparently will always be a friend. I'm a guy just like every other guy out there. Maybe I am nicer than most but I have feelings too. Hearing that more than one female cannot see me as more, as in the sexual sense, kind of cuts deep. It's like that is just BULL. If I flirt, it should not give a woman the creeps, especially if it is the tame kind between friends because mainly that is just TAME. It gets a little old when ladies only see me as a little brother. I used to get LYLAB all the time in high school. LYLAB = Love You Like A Brother. That is not what any guy wants to hear except from his siblings because that is the only place it should be coming from. How does someone get rid of this reputation? I'm an adult and I cannot shake the image of being the little brother to women. It is a load of crapola. Should I stop being a nice guy and just be rude and obnoxious all the time? I like being nice, I'm a nice guy, but it does not get a person all that far. How does someone deal with this stigma? I'm at a loss. Feel free to actually answer the questions in this post. Feedback is appreciated.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:17:00 AM , Blogger Sterno said...

Kyle, what do you want to hear? That it's ok to turn yourself into some misogynistic, thoughtless asshole just in order to get some action? It's not worth it man. You'll find the right gal soon enough, I assure you. And LULAB...yeah, I used to get that too in junior high. It's not just you. Hang tight...have faith...and relax on this. Be yourself, and don't go doing anything stupid, ok?

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:39:00 AM , Blogger JB said...

Dear Kyle,
Slow your roll, homeboy! Take a vacation, read a book, join a knitting class, watch a new DVD set of a TV show, go for a hike, find something you like to do that takes your mind off the sting of not having a sig. other. Can you dig it?

I think the theory holds true that the most successful relationships work when both people are confident and happy with themselves. Take some time to be happy with yourself.

And totally be an asshole :). Psych. Although uninterested boys make great playtoys for girls who like to chase.

And I'm out.
Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters