Thursday, November 17, 2005

Photo Shoot!

Wow! I feel like a million bucks. I wish I HAD a million bucks! But feeling like it is pretty good in itself.

The photo shoot went spectacularly. I felt like I looked awesome and they acted like I looked awesome. They took a ton of photos between 2 different shirts and with and without a hat. Lots of poses and expressions. I was almost always grinning of course. They couldn't get enough of my smile.

They even surprised me and had me shoot some video about my weight loss, I sucked it up at this though. Oh boy. Put me infront of a camera and especially without prior notice and practice, I was not as energetic as I probably could have been and I was like, " and uhhhhhh" quite often.

So, today was a good day. I worked this morning from 7am until noon because of a meeting at the office today.

Then I went and ran with Torrie. Oh boy was that great. She guestimates that we did a little over 2 miles of the combo walk/jog. I broke a great sweat but I wasn't exhausted. We did this for about an hour, walked 5 minutes, then jogged for 1 minute, and kept that pattern going. It was all timed. Torrie knows what she is doing, I'm in great hands. My knees are feeling it, a little bit this evening though, I am taking tomorrow off because I am too busy anyway, so that will give my legs time to recoup and get ready for the next day of training. Which I will probably do on Saturday, unfortunately by myself since Torrie is leaving me. :( But we'll get back to running together early next week.

Then I worked this afternoon and that went alright.

Then I headed for the Photo Shoot.

As some may know, my Great Uncle isn't doing so well, 24 hours later and he is still in the hospital. I haven't seen him since he was in the emergency room last night. He has since been admitted to a room. I think he still looks great for going to be 91 years old in less than a month.

Not smoking, and going strong. We will see how the weekend treats me.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:30:00 PM , Blogger the good time girl said...

you'll have to show us photos from the shoot when you get them. and congrats on the running!! you're doing way better than i am. i eat like crazy, and lately i'd rather sit on my lazy ass than workout. i'm thinking i'm going to have to take my cue from you and start back with a routine.
pat on the back next time i see you...

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:57:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Healthy = Happy, that is my new way of thinking. If I can motivate others, great. I love hearing that I can inspire. But if I don't inspire certain individuals, it's okay too.

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:56:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so very proud of you k! you really do inspire - for me more so with the no smoking than the working out (not a big fan of running and such!). thanks for giving me the motivation to quit!

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 12:06:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

Yay, I've got the best friends EVER!

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 10:44:00 AM , Blogger TTJ said...

So much to say and seminar in 5 minutes!!!

So briefly...

I want to see photo shoot pics too!

Knees... be sure to keep stretching the muscles around them. Quads, hamstrings, shins...
I can show you a good shin stretch, that one is kind of hard to get.

Smoking... Running feels a lot better with smoke-free lungs. And not only is it no calories, it burns calories. Just something to think about if you get tempted.

I had a lot of fun running with you; I'm glad we started. Monday or Tuesday's lunch break is yours... just let me know which you want!

:) TTJ

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 10:44:00 AM , Blogger TTJ said...

Oh and I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle; I will say a little prayer for him!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters