Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Lent Everyone!

Click on photo to make bigger.




So I know of a few things people are giving up..

Me - Bread and related breadlike items

Amanda - Fast Food
Monica - Alcohol
Shannon - Cheese
Melissa - Not participating

What is everyone else giving up? Or else who is not participating? I think it is fun to see if you have will power to give something up for 6 weeks.

Lent is a forty-day period before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday. We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection. Lent begins on 1 March 2006 and ends on 15 April 2006, which is the day before Easter.

In the Roman Catholic Church, Lent officially ends at sundown on 13 April (Holy Thursday), with the beginning of the mass of the Lord’s Supper.

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:40:00 AM , Blogger the good time girl said...

i have taken a page from the book of kyle and am also giving up most carbs...mainly breads and pastas. i would go all the way, but i can't give up popcorn. i know i don't have the willpower to do it, and since i'm not really a catholic, i don't really care.

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle, I like Melissa am not participating in the abstinence part of lent. I forgot to call you back and let you know that we are meeting at the church tonight for YAG. See you there!!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:33:00 PM , Blogger JD said...

Its not that I don't have the will power, its that I choose not to exercise it.

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:33:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

Yay for loopholes! And getting drunk in 15 minutes!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:34:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

The "book of kyle", I like that! I'm not giving up popCORN either, it's a vegetable!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:37:00 PM , Blogger JD said...

Ha ha...I remember the day the loophole was found :)

 
At Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is more fun and challenging without the loopholes! Let's just say I was tested and passed with flying colors when I was out with friends who were drinking for over 12 hours yesterday and I didn't have a drop...let me tell you all though, that jager bomb that got left in front of me for about 2 hours because the guy who bought a round for the group miscounted was the ultimate challenge...never in my life have I craved a jager bomb:)

And Kyle...popcorn is not a vegetable!!!!

 
At Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle, don't forget, I am giving up soda too...drank about 4 gallons of water in that 12 hours yesterday!

 
At Monday, March 06, 2006 2:08:00 AM , Blogger K- said...

Yes it is. I didn't give up starches, I gave up BREADS. I have never heard that POPCORN is BREAD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters