Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowadays

I love driving in the snow. Okay, there is only half truth to that. I love driving in the snow in the middle of the night when the roads have barely been plowed and I am practically the only one on the road. It is like a ride at an amusement park that I have total control or sometimes no control over. I play it safe enough but sometimes I'll speed up just a little and the hit the brakes a little harder in order to get that sliding effect. I'm not good at donuts, so I don't even try that. I do enjoy watching other people do them so long as they are not doing it anywhere near my car.

I do not enjoy driving in the snow when there are tons of other people driving all crazy around me. I have respect for myself and other cars enough to drive very defensively.

This is what www.weather.com is telling me at 2am....

**A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TUESDAY NIGHT. ***

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD AREAS NORTH OF PEORIA AND BLOOMINGTON THROUGH 1 AM. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY AND BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 6 TO 8 INCHES NORTHWEST OF THE ILLINOIS RIVER...WITH 8 TO 12 INCHES FROM THE ILLINOIS RIVER SOUTHEAST TO NEAR THE I- 70 CORRIDOR. LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS CAN BE EXPECTED NEAR THE I-72 CORRIDOR BETWEEN SPRINGFIELD AND CHAMPAIGN AND DANVILLE.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH OVERNIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...PRODUCING CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW. BLOWING SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO BE A PROBLEM THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY MORNING AS NORTHEAST WINDS SHIFT TO THE NORTH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters