Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Oh Yeeeeeeah...


So yeah, it has been a few days since I last blogged. Sorry to all you loyal onlookers who check me out more often than I post. I try but I don't always have something to say.

Shoofly started his new job/internship this past Monday. I am very happy for him about that. I hope this opens many doorways for his future. Ed should hear back from the San Diego job by this Friday. My fingers are crossed for him because that is a great opportunity. Philly is taking his summer classes and working at MC Sports for the time being then he is done and has no plans as of yet. Crow is living and working in P-town right now while he aspires to greatness. Ben is looking for jobs but in about 2 days is flying to Denver to meet up with his fiancee Katie and then drive back together to P-town. She has been schooling abroad for the last semester and we're all happy she is back home.

I myself, I am still looking for a job. I am officially not working now not counting working the door at DH Browns. I don't remember if I said but the first time I tried for Blue Cross they sent me the stock rejection letter. A week later though (this past Sunday) they put a new ad in the paper and said that previous applicants can reapply. So my dad was like go do it. What can it hurt and maybe they will like you better this time. So I did. Monday I went in and did the whole process again. Application, Data Entry Skills test, passed, then got an interview. This time it took all of 4 hours to do all of that. Crazyness. So I am hoping for that to go well, because I really want that job. I know I can do it well and the BENEFITS are OUTSTANDING! Health, Vision, and Dental. I mean COME ON! That is awesome stuff for a struggling 20something person without any insurance at all.

I have yet to apply for Family Video Corporate or UPS. I was chatting with Ed about this. My methods are different than most people but that goes from my previous experience. In the past I applied to 1 job at a time and when I apply for that job I more than likely get it. But now these are different jobs that I am applying for and rejection is more likely because more people are applying for them and they have certain criteria that they are looking for. I feel that I fit the criteria and I have been trying to tell them that I am what they are looking for. I think I even said things like I like trying new things and I am very adaptable to most situations. Which is true. I rarely ever get so flustered that I can't handle something.

My birthday is coming up soon. June 5th, 2004. I will be 23 years old. It is a milestone that you can drive over and not even notice it. I'm getting older and I don't want to. I don't think I fear old age like most people do. I don't mind getting gray and looking old. Bring it on. I'm going to be bald sometime soon and I know this. I just don't want to grow up mentally. I want to have fun, be free, not be burdened down by the socalled MAN. Once you become part of the machine it is hard to get out of it. I am about to jump head first into this machine and immerse myself in it. Sure I can still have a social life, sure I can still have fun. But on the terms of everyone else. I can't stay up as late as I want and party all night because I have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to get ready for work even though that is when I used to come in from a night of hanging out. I love it though when people are like how old are you and I say I'm about to turn 23 and they are like oh my gosh, like i'm sooo young and they are less than a year older than me. I expect people to be like oh my gosh about my age if they are over 35 years old okay. Because I don't think anyone between 22 and 35 are young nor old. They are just that age but I feel that it is the same age, most people are in the same boat and shit doesn't matter. So don't give me age crap at this point in our lives because if you are a year older than me that does not mean that you have sooooo much more LIFE EXPERIENCE that it makes you better or wiser than me. So you can get off of it. I don't play down to people who are younger than me. I say once you have a year of 21 under your belt we are all the same. That's all I have to say about that.

I'm going to look for a new bank today. It is almost noon and I need to get going on it. I will talk to you later. And you know that if you click on the COMMENTS you can say stuff to me and read what other people say to or about me. BUT since no one does that I suppose it doesn't matter. I will chat with you later, thanks for listening. - K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters