Sunday, November 28, 2004

Saving

Oh yeah, the Christmas season is upon us now and in full force. I have actually been thinking about the season in advance this year. I usually don't admit that it is the season until a few days before the actual day. This year the difference is that I have money and I am not working at a retail shipping store that monopolizes all of my time. In past years I would go into working my ass off mode right about now. Working 8 am until 7 pm M - F and being so busy that I have to pack sack lunches that I would have to eat in 5 minutes because the lines are out the door of pissed off people who hate it that everyone else wants to ship Christmas presents at the same time as them. I loved the patient and calm people who would were like "We understand" "You do what you have to do". I LOVE THOSE PEOPLE! We need more people like that during the holiday season instead of the bitchers and whiners. OH! And the people who glare. I hate the customers who glare at you as if them staring you down would make you pack their packages faster or input their information into the computer faster. NO! It would only make me more nervous because I'm being watched by a HAWK! Anywho. Those days are behind me for now. No telling what the future holds but I do know that this Christmas season I will not be on the employee side of the shipping industry.

I've been saving my money. I don't have a lot. Don't think that. I've got enough to do some holiday shopping. It is nice to have a steady decent sized paycheck. I've been trying not to spend too much money on myself. No eating out. I've got food here at the house. Rare is it that I have no way of waiting to get home to eat and have to eat immediately out. I plan on doing quite a few Christmas presents this year. In past years of late, I have just given lottery tickets because most of my money was going towards groceries and rent and utilities. This year it isn't like that and I have been able to save some. Close friends might even be getting something if they play their cards right. HA!

This past weekend has been fun. I got to meet for the second time my sister's Irish boyfriend. He is a really cool guy. I like him a lot and if I haven't told you he actually is straight up Irish. He has only been in the country a few years straight from Ireland. Looks like Colin Farrell who also is from Ireland. Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. Loads of good food with family. That's what I am talking about. We have so many leftovers and it is just awesome.

Saturday the fam and I went up to St. Charles to visit my sister and brother in law at the brother in law's family's house. They were unable to make it down here so we went to them. It was great to see them. Since they live out in LA seeing them is always a treat because it is so rare. It is hard to realize how much something or someone means to you until it isn't around. Luckily in this case we have realized and can still see them on occassion. I also got to see my friend Jessica. I haven't seen her since April when Ed, Shoo, and myself went to visit her at college. She's doing well and looking great. I finally got to see her short hair cut. It is nice. I'm still a fan of longer hair. But I'm not overly picky. We just got back a few hours ago from up there. Traffic wasn't too bad but it was a little crowded on the highway of people heading home after the holiday break. I know that I have to work tomorrow and so does the rest of the country I'm sure.

I got to see people that I haven't seen in quite a long time. I had a great time visiting with Phil O, Beth, Duf, Emily, JD, and Katie O and Katie C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters