Monday, January 03, 2005

Kids first day back

Oh boy. This morning was easy as usual but the kids were sleep walking in. Except one who apparently stayed up late watching the movie Anacondas hunt for the blood orchid. I feel as though I have watched that movie because he told me the entire movie for like 15 minutes. I don't think he even took a breath. Finally I'm like, I think I've heard enough. You know it isn't nice to tell entire movies because then it ruins it for people. I say this as though I am going to see that movie. I'm not a fan of Huge Snake movies. Not because I am scared of them but rather I think that they are stupid and really don't need to be made. There are a ton out there and maybe only 1 or 2 are probably worthy of being made. And worthy of seeing is a different story.

Last night I saw a movie with Jessie, Monica, Natalie, Shoofly, Laura, Nick W. We saw Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. It was alright. I liked Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums a lot better. But as Jessie said, I will probably have to see that at least one more time to totally get everything that was going on. It was a slower movie and was more on the quirky side which is typical of a Wes Anderson movie. A lot of side story and background things were happening that you have to pay attention for. I think that Bill Murray did a great performance. I think that he is a great actor and he is really broadening his performances in the last few years, age does that sometimes to people. It is like, been there done that, I want to try something new. Owen Wilson, he is an alright actor. I can't get past his nose though. I know that is superficial but it looks like he has a slightly darker plasticness to the tip of his nose. Maybe something happened when he was younger to make it look like that.

After the movie Jessie, Monica, Shoofly and I went to the Fire House for a few drinks. I didn't think we would stay much more than an hour. Shoofly left after 1 drink because well, he is a girl. jk. Shortly after that Reier came by and hung out with us there. He is so crazy. He wasn't able to make it to the movie because he didn't even wake up until 9:30pm after going to bed at 11am. I remember having hours like those. Ah, those were the days. Well, we ended up having a good time and stayed there until the bar closed. Reier, Jessie, and Monica then headed to the Curve Inn, which I did not partake in. Even though I am willing to go out on work nights I still have to get up at 6am and getting to bed by like 3am or later makes it really hard to get up. I've been late to work 2 times since I started at the begining of September. I can't let that happen again. So I at least need 4 or more hours so that I can get up, shower, and head to work. I count on my nap though when I get home. If I wasn't able to take a nap then going out late would probably not be happening nearly as often. I like to get about 9 hours of sleep to function for long periods of time. Taking a few hour pause from sleep to go to work and then come back and crash for a few more hours works well for me.

Jessie reads my blog. That makes me happy! :) I'm even happier that she isn't reading it from Missouri. That would have been devastating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters