Friday, December 31, 2004

Stuck

Yeah. Yesterday was the longest day ever. Not really. It was the exact same amount of time that every day has in it. I went to my Aunt's retirement party. It was an alright time. There was a lot of family there. A lot of nonfamily there. A lot of food and a few free beers here and there. It was crowded as hell when I got there. Yeah, I wasn't up for that. I sat along the wall until I saw a cousin of mine leave her spot at the bar to go home. I was like, Jackpot. So I moved over there and sat at the bar for the rest of the time I was there. I probably headed there at about 4pm or so adn then I stayed until 8pm. I watched the Illini win. That was a plus. I still really didn't want to be there but then once I got there I just stayed but I kept thinking about how I would rather be home laying in bed. Well, finally after everyone left and it was just my dad and I and the regulars. Dad said he was heading home and I said well I guess that means I should go too. But I didn't head to the house, I headed to the bar. Because I didn't want to go home and lounge and then get my hopes up and then a few minutes later have to get up and leave again to go down to the bar to work. Yes, I worked the door down at the bar last night. I was not wanting to be there either. Yes, I saw friends which made the evening more bearable. But I bolted as soon as I got the waitresses walked out. Home home home I went. To sleep the good sleep. The sleep where you know that you are going to fall asleep immediately and sleep for a long time and know that you don't have to wake up for any stupid crap in the morning. That is the best sleep ever. I hate stupid crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters