Monday, March 21, 2005

Beef sticks and a parking ticket

Oh man today has been a trip.

SO I ordered food from one of my students about a month ago and it just came in which is awesome. I got a supreme deluxe pizza and a package of beef sticks. I'm eating the beef sticks right now and they are mmm mmm good. I love beef.

So I went and ordered my new debit card. For those that don't know it slipped out of my wallet sometime on Saturday. No, I didn't leave it anywhere because I never used it but it fell out. I had it on my way down there and then later it was gone. Anyway, I went and ordered a new one so I should have that in about 7 business days or something along those lines.

After that I decide that I need to go register out at UIS for fall classes. Well, I go. I have no clue as to where I am going. I park in Lot D because I have parked there for Sangamon Aud. shows before and I figure I can figure out where I am going from there. So I go. I'm walking and walking and finally after asking for directions from the kind staff I find the admissions. I go in and fill out the app. Then the person is like, and all we need now is the 40 dollar application fee. I'm like AH! I didn't think about that. Never crossed my mind that they would want money already just to consider me for enrollment. So, then I'm like, well, I would pay right now if I had my debit card but NO! I don't have my debit card because it is laying in a gutter somewhere with a mcdonald's wrapper. So I'm like, I didn't think to bring my check book. I then go back out to my car to leave.

I get out to my car after my long long trek back to it and what do I see? A freaking parking ticket on my windshield. Yeah, in an unmarked parking lot. I double checked, I got a freaking parking ticket for not having a decal in a decal lot. AGAIN, NO SIGNS! I am going to attempt to dispute it because it is 25 bucks. That is a lot of money. I could go see a few movies for that.

So I hop in my car and curse and swear to myself that this has happened. I go back to my bank and withdraw some money, which I should have done the first time that I was at my bank earlier today. Again, money had not occured to me. So then I drive back to the school. I find a closer parking lot. I find a meter. I plug that puppy up so as to not get another freakin ticket. I go in and pay. I have to wait for a receipt because I am paying cash and they apparently are not prepared for something like that to happen on the spot. Then I ask, if it is possible to see guidance about getting into EL ED. They send me over to the library where their offices are.

I go back outside and think. This may take a while I had better put more money in the meter. So I go put in another quarter for another half hour and it only goes to 30 minutes. I'm like what?! I take a closer look. It is a 30 minute limit meter. This school is already trying to take all of my money! I haven't even been accepted yet.

So I hop in my car cause it is a little trek to the library from admissions. I find the library parking lot. At least I hope that it was the library parking lot. I park and go up in the building. I go up and find a room that says dean of education. I think hey, this should be the right room, right? Wrong. I sat there for about 15 minutes before someone in that office came out and asked if they could help me. Well I was about half a hallway away from being in the right spot. So, again I move on my merry way.

I get to the right spot. I get to the right person but she is with another student and then on the phone for probably about 20 minutes or so. I get in there and tell the lady what my plan is and ask what I need to do. She then tells me that I need to set up an appointment. I'm like, AHHH! FINE! So now I have to go back at 9am on thursday to get things straight. Also while waiting to get in with the lady I read a paper that is on the wall and it says the deadline for application into the education program for the summer and fall semesters was March 15th which was last tuesday. THEY WERE ON SPRING BREAK! WHAT THE HECK! I'm a little upset. I could have done all this running around last monday when I went to llcc to meet with their guidance and then done the UIS one too at the same time but I had to wait a week. Now I cannot actually get into the program until Spring semester of next year but the lady said that they have prerequisites that I can fullfill in the mean time. Whoopdeeedooooooo. I just want to get done with school and on with my life.

All that I really wanted to do today was go to FitClub and start my workout routine. That didn't happen. I don't have time for that now since I have to be at work in less than an hour now. Although I did get a butt load of walking in by running all over the campus today. So I figure that is my exercise. So now I'm sitting here munching on tastey sticks of spicy beef recounting my morning and afternoon.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 21, 2005 1:58:00 PM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

You can appeal your ticket. I think you get the forms in the main lobby. I've done it before and they have let me go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters