Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I do enjoy

I do enjoy buying things for friends no matter how cheap you all think that I am. Now, I haven't actually heard anything about people calling me cheap so you can stop holding your breath. I just know that sometimes I possibly come across that way. My thing is that I usually spend a lot of my money on myself. Then when it comes time to be nice and get something for a friend like an alcoholic beverage or a movie or dinner, I have barely enough for myself or no money at all. I do what I can. Granted I may be more likely to pickup something for a female friend than for a male friend but I do not mean to offend. It is kind of like covering my behind with the ladies. Being a gentleman I hope someday will get me somewhere in life. Granted I'm not like the "perfect" gentleman but again, I do what I can. I am only human.

Lately my thing has been getting my buddies birthday gifts. I have never been much of a birthday gift giving kind of guy but yet I am huge on receiving gifts, who isn't? So, I've been trying to be selfless on this fact and try and get my buddies things to show that I care in that we're buddies kind of way. Now, my thing also is that I may not get you a gift on your actual birthday. I don't like to get stupid generic gifts. I like to get something that reminds me of the person or that I know the person would actually enjoy. So in a current example I will be giving a buddy of mine a birthday gift a month after his actual birthday. I finally saw something that I just had to get for him. He probably thought that I was an ass for not really doing anything neat for his birthday but sometimes the right time is not the right moment.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:32:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

So you know, I'm not trying to be "secretive" but at the same time I am trying to be "secretive". I have reasons that some people read my blog that maybe shouldn't read my blog. I try not to name drop as often anymore. Depends on who I am talking about but I just don't want everyone knowing every little thing I do. That could get a person in trouble. So I use the term friend more often in place of names. I'll use a name here or there if I feel that the context is appropriate. Just ask me in person as to what I post about if you ever have questions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters