Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Dear God,


OK, ok, I think that I haven't been tackling this the right way. I had a job interview yesterday and I messed up bad. I believe that I had a really good shot at landing this position with Blue Cross. Heck I was lowering my standards to get my foot in the door. It was for a scanner position in the mail room. I would have been scanning 7 bins of mail into a machine. That's it apparently. I think I am qualified. I thought they liked me. BUT I am not real quick with the answers for the interview questions. I messed one question up that I am not going to discuss because it was a dumb answer and I should have known better. I didn't know how to answer it because IT DID NOT APPLY TO ME! Well, 3rd try at getting into Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois is a failure. Mark that one in the books folks. Kyle can't interview worth a dime apparently. I think my dad is going to start putting me through mock interviews because it is obvious that I don't know what the heck I am doing. I need to be able to sell myself better because I know I can do these jobs and these people think that I cannot.

Well, besides that I have applied for non managerial work at Family Video on Macarthur. John Pappas was working there so that was nice to see someone I knew. Hopefully he will be like, oh yeah, I know Kyle he is a really great guy. You should give him an interview to the head manager.

I applied online with Kerasotes Theaters for a managerial position. They have a nice little system set up on their web page to create a resume and then have it sent to the theaters of your choosing. I hear that managers get paid a little better now. Plus the fact that I have been a shift manager with them before I am hoping that maybe they will consider me. Full time manager at a movie theater would be nice, not a peon like I have been in the past but more responsibility. I wish I could just put in my resume, HONEST, DEPENDABLE, LOVES TAKING ON MORE RESPONSIBILITY.


What else, I hear that the new DICK'S Sporting Goods store is hiring people. I should look into that. Natalie says that Bergners is hiring for stock people. I really might have to settle for non 9-5 full time job. I just need somehting that pays well and doesn't kill me.

I would be working the door this Saturday but I have a birthday out of town to go to so Mr. Chad is filling in for me down at the bar.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I HATE THIS CRAP! I SHOULD HAVE JUST GONE BACK TO BOX & GO WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS THINKING ABOUT MY FUTURE AND WANTED A FREAKING FULL TIME JOB WITH BENEFITS. NOW THAT IS LOOKING HARDER AND HARDER TO GET. THE BOX & GO POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED NOW. I AM S.O.L. BABY.


I thank you all for your love and support during this somehow self imposed down time in my life. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters