Friday, July 23, 2004

Go ME Go!

Yay!  I worked out again today.  Even without Ed.  It was just Josh and myself working out.  I bumped up the tredmill to 3.5mph with a 1.0 incline.  Helps to burn calories better and worked my calf muscles better too.  Working out makes you more aware of how much it takes to burn off those calories that you get from food you eat throughout the day.  Like I burned about 400 calories by working out earlier.  I hadn't eaten yet so when I got home I was pretty hungry.  I made myself a sandwich and I counted the calories for 2 slices of hearty bread, 2 slices of ham, and 1 slice of fat free cheese, and it was about 350 calories.  JUST ONE SANDWICH!  And it was a pretty healthy one too.  What's up with that.  What if I had a fast food hamburger on my way home instead?  I would have totally shot the workout and been even worse off than before the workout.  So working out and seeing how many calories are being burned makes me more aware of what it takes to lose some weight.  So since my sandwich I have abstained from eating more.  Diet coke and unsweetened Black tea have been my drinks of choice today.  I need to make up a few batches of Green Tea although I hear they are not all that different actually.  I was just reading about metabolism.  It was saying that the best way to increase metabolism is by increasing the amount of exercise you do.  The harder you push yourself and more often you do it the higher your metabolism will go.  Also that by not eating your metabolism actually goes down so it is good to keep eating but it is a matter of what you eat.  So eating low calorie foods in small amounts pretty often are good for you and probably the best thing to do too.    I'm thinking about keeping a food diary, not on here though, but something so I can see what I eat and when I eat.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters