Tuesday, July 13, 2004

It Is About Time...


Well, I finally did it. Yep, You probably thought it would never happen. I watched the movie Chicago for the first time ever today! It was pretty darned good. Miss Natalie got the Chicago DVD for me as a gift while I was laid up in the hospital after my surgery back on March 2nd, 2004. She has been getting on my case anytime that it has come up asking me if I had seen it yet. And the answer was no. I just never got around to sitting down to watch it even though I have seen countless movies since then. Certain movies I have to be in the mood for and other movies I can just sit down and watch because I can. Now I can say that I have finally watched it to its fullest. Even the deleted musical scene which was good of Queen Latifah and Zeta Jones.

Today was another scorcher here in Springfield. The highest heat index that I heard of today was at 108 degrees. As for the actual temperature I don't know. The heat index is all that matters around here. It is so freaking humid and muggy outside and HOT HOT HOT. You walk outside and you start sweating immediately. I again passed on mowing today because of the heat. I was unable to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn which for me is about 7 or 8am. I have been having trouble actually getting to sleep. Late night movies have been a great friend to me lately. After I get home, tired, wanting to go to bed. I get to bed and can't fall asleep so I end up watching movies on TV which is something that I am not very fond of. I hate commercials during movies. I don't mind them during just regular television shows but if it is a movie then I don't like to be interrupted. The night before last I watched Great Expectations with Ethan Hawke and Gweneth Paltrow. Last night I watched parts of Rocky 3. I saw Rocky get his assed kicked by Mr. T. That was pretty cool. I think I fell asleep before the end though. I assume that Rocky trained his ass off and came back to beat Mr. T in a rematch of some sort. I never was a huge Rocky fan. I've seen bits and pieces here and there.

This coming Friday I work the door down at the bar. That will be a good night. On Saturday Ed and I are planning on going to Chicago to see My Favorite Band COWBOY MOUTH play in a festival that only costs 6 bucks as a donation for a garden. Then Sunday we will probably be doing not much of anything. Maybe just walking around the town and such. A museum maybe. I don't know. Then if all goes well we may be seeing the Cubs Cards game at Wrigley on Monday from the bleachers!!!

Oh yeah, SHOOFLY is bartending on Thursday night which is $1.75 import night at DH BROWNS. Come one, Come all! I think Ed is bartending also. It will be a good time. Door man is not needed during the week so I will just be a customer that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters