Tuesday, July 20, 2004

So Much To Say...
 
Well, It looks like my blogger has changed a little bit.  I have a little more control over how my text options look.  I like it alot.  Apparently I can upload photos.  I will have to try that out here soon.  Not right now though.  Other than that it looks like I have a few fun days to catch up on.
Friday- Friday wasn't too crazy fun.  Of what I remember my parents woke me up pretty early to say goodbye.  They were heading up to Chicago to spend some time with my sister Shannon.  I then proceeded to try to go back to sleep but couldn't.  So there I was awake because they wanted to say goodbye.  I hate that.  I felt tired.  I knew I was still tired but I couldn't fall back to sleep.  So this kept me in that sleepy haze and I couldn't get out of it for most of the day.  I was supposed to go see Anchorman with Ed but I had to decline because I was in no mood to do anything.  I did end up doing laundry though so I was somewhat productive since that was in dire need of being done.  Friday evening I worked the door down at the bar.  That was a good time.  Although it was the Chatham Sweet Corn Festival a decent number of people I knew eventually came in. 
OK, I got a little side tracked and I don't feel like writing out my whole weekend now.  I will sum it up the best I can.  Saturday Ed and I drove to Chicago.  My first time ever to drive in Chicago.  That was fun.  Ed said I did pretty well for my first time. Stopped off at my sister's apartment and got her spare keys for her place.  Then Ed and I walked about a half hour to go see COWBOY MOUTH.  My 4th time to see my most favorite band ever.  Their performances just get better and better.  After a lot of walking, standing, singing and dancing later Ed and I went to meet my parents and my sister and friends at Package Goods which is a bar just a block away from her apartment.  It was a good time there.  Ed and I were exhausted and just wanted a seat.  I had one beer and I knew that was it for me cause I was way too dehydrated for beer.  I sat there and drank about 4 or 5 pints of water while everyone else hung out.  We all went back to my sister's place and Shannon, Ed and I watched So I Married An Axe Murderer which is a DVD that Shannon had borrowed from me.  Then she went to bed and Ed and I watched The Butterfly Effect on DVD which Shannon hated but I liked, I didn't say I loved it but I thought it was an original concept and like that. 
 
Sunday was a little more lazy.  We did some crazy amounts of walking again.  Wrigley field is about a 20 minute walk for Ed and I from Shannon's place.  We went and hung out at The Cubbie Bear which is a famous bar outside of Wrigley and this was all during Sunday's game.  After that we walked around and just admired the excitement that was going on.  We were finally getting hungry and Ed had another mission that he wanted to eat the famous stuffed pizza of Giordano's Pizza.  It was soooo good.  We got a medium with sausage and pepperoni and we finished it off.  It was tough but we did it.  It was all we had to eat that day too and well worth it.  After that I took Ed to another bar by Shannon's apartment which Shannon calls The Moose Bar but that isn't actually the name.  It is something like Will's Northwoods Inn or something like that but it has a HUGE Moose statue in its beer garden that you can see from the sidewalk.  Ed would have gotten a picture but when we were there the sun was just behind it and it would not have been a good photo.
 
Monday was the big day.  Ed and I went down to Wrigley at about 1:30 and had a great burger and pitcher of beer at Murphy's Bleachers which is another famous bar outside of Wrigley Field.  Then a little after 2 we got in line for the game.  We waited in line from 2 until 5pm when they opened the gates.  We got in and Ed and I ran to get the best seats I've ever had.  First row bleachers on Left Center field right next to the evergreen in the middle.  It was so awesome.  I loved it.  I had a blast and Ed did too.  The Cubs lost to the Cardinals but it was still great.  After that great game Ed and I stopped in at Shannons for a pitstop and to say goodbye and then we drove back to Springfield. We got home at about 2am or so.  A great trip.  It ranks high in the Ed and Kyle Road Trip history.  Which we have quite a few now.  Indianapolis, New Orleans, Kirksville, St. Louis and so on.  I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.
Well, I said I would be short winded and I tried the best I could but there was a lot to say. 
 
Peace, Love, and Road Trips - K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters