Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Long ass day

Man, today was long. I knew when I woke up today that it was going to drag. The morning was slow. I actually had stuff to do during my break between shifts. I was almost late getting back to work at 2:30pm. I'm usually there early because I like to be early. I walked in exactly at 2:30pm. Then it was soooo freakin hot. OMG. Hot inside, more hot and more humid outside. So we stayed inside. The kids decided to not get along today and the only thing they could do was argue. Wow can they argue. With me and more with each other. It was wearing me down. I was so happy when 5pm rolled around. Granted I still had another hour but most of the kids leave between 5 and 5:30. So it gets quieter and quieter until it is just Loretta and myself. Then we just sit there and sigh. Usually discuss how the day when and what went well and what went wrong. If there are certain kids to work on or not. We got a new kid to the program yesterday. He has been quiet so far and I hope it stays like that but he participates well and follows instructions. I might start using him as an example. Say things like, look how Justin is following directions... and such. I was so happy to get off work today, come home and relax in a nice cool air conditioned house. Woo wee. It felt nice.

I'm looking forward to Thursday for 2 reasons. First of all I believe that it will be my first payday. Which I am in dire need of because my money I got back from ISU in June is about to run out. Literally. Second I think Thursday might be the first night this week that I will be able to get out of the house. Anna is coming to Springfield from Chicago to hang out with Farah and Melissa and company. I don't know if I will actually have cash yet but I have my ways of having a few drinks.... a tab. Then they put me to work to pay it off. It is a fair deal. I have already drugged myself this evening so that I can get a full night of sleep tonight.

So Ed is working at the bar tonight. I want to go visit but I can't. It isn't in the cards. I really need to get a full night of sleep tonight. I don't have money anyway and I would end up staying out later than I planned on. So I am being responsible to myself and not even going out in the first place.

My parents have finally gotten their new carpet in their bedroom. I expect them to move back into their bedroom tomorrow and out of the guestroom next to my room. It is weird having them on my side of the house. I feel as though I have less privacy and run into them more often when I don't feel like interacting.

I miss my spleen. I worry about getting sick so much more now. No more worrying about bruising. Now I worry about germs and infections. These kids cough and I'm like, COVER YOUR MOUTH! WASH YOUR HANDS! Kids are dirty. When I have kids I'm going to make them be clean. Maybe even as clean at Philly Cream Cheese with up to 3 showers in 1 waking day. This one girl always has a runny nose. I don't know what the deal with that is. I'm like carry a tissue, it's running again.

Is it the weekend yet?

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 15, 2004 2:09:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kids are dirtier than my homeless people!!!

Don't use that poor kid as "an exmaple". You'll alianate him and all the other hellion children will beat him up after school. If you are one-on-one with him sometime and complimented him then, I think it might make him feel good, but it's not "cool" to be singled out as the "good example".

Thing have changed since we were gorwing up! Hah!!

 
At Wednesday, September 15, 2004 10:28:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Scope IS after school my dear. This is not school although we try to keep it structured. These kids are rowdy as hell. A lot of talking back and yelling and arguing. We have to try and keep them in line. An example of what is the right behavior is not going to get him beat up, they will have a visual of what we expect out of them. I say if they don't follow suit then they get time out. I turn my back for a second and they take advantage. These kids are exhausting.

 
At Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think they would get him at lunch!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters