Thursday, September 02, 2004

Thought it was a good idea

So here I sit. It is 2:30am and I am wide awake. I don't believe this is because of my old sleep schedule. I usually can start a new schedule pretty easily. I was up at 6am this morning. I had a full day. I worked. I worked out. I worked again and then I was pooped. Yes, I couldn't believe how tired I was at the end of the day. I nearly passed out while watching the Cubs play. It was about 8:30pm and I couldn't keep my eyes open. So I think this is a really good sign. I can get another full night of sleep in to help me get back into a normal sleep pattern. So I head to bed and pass out. I sleep and sleep. It feels like I've been asleep for forever. Well, I wake up and I think that it must be nearing 6am soon. I put on my glasses and check out the clock. Well, it is only 12:30am. I'm like, WHAT!? I was wide awake. I only slept for 4 hours. It doesn't seem like nearly enough for as tired as I was. Well, I say to myself, it is probably in my head and I am actually still tired. So I lay there in bed trying to fall asleep. Well, I tossed and turned for over an hour. I'm like OK! FINE! So I get up and get on the computer. I check my email and I've gotten a few real ones. I try to unsubscribe to the loads of junk emails that I get every day. Some are successful and some are not. But yeah, I want to know why I am awake. I really shouldn't be up right now. I hope to get back to sleep soon but I hate just laying in bed awake.

I felt bad. Ed wanted me to go out and hang with him down at the bar this evening. Not late or anything. He knows I have to get up early and I was almost willing to go out until maybe 10pm and then come home and go straight to bed. So damn tired that I had to pass. But now look at me, I'm up and wide awake.

Scope was good this afternoon. Some of the kids are hyper-hypos. Others are a little off. And others are pretty cool and just kids. I guess that our max enlisted at our school is just 22 kids. Today in the afternoon we had 15. They don't always come. Scope is there to help out working parents who can't keep an eye on their kids until after they get off work. It is a very good program. We try to help mold them by teaching manners and how to play fair among other things. They get snacks too. Lucky kids. I am really excited about this job and the lead that I work under said today went well. Meaning that I did well and she thinks this will be good. The kids were not as wild today apparently and she says that it is probably because there was a Man presesnt, that's me. They all want to play games with me and I'm like okay, 1 at a time. Or I try to get them to play games together and I can supervise. Teach them to share. Even if it means sharing me apparently.

Well, I am going to get a glass of water and attempt to go back to bed. It is nearing 3am and I get up at 6am so maybe my body will view this as 2 long naps in sequence and be refreshed for a full day tomorrow too. I hope... Goodnight all!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 02, 2004 6:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you get to have a snack yourself at work?? I would play kickball everyday!! Just a suggestion.

Meliss

 
At Thursday, September 02, 2004 8:18:00 AM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

It's 8am, man do I wish I could sleep right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters