Thursday, December 23, 2004

I still want a hula hoop

Yeah, It is almost Christmas. The reason I know this is because I am done with wrapping my Christmas gifts to my family and friends. I am so stoked. I hope everyone likes what I got them. I just tried to get things for people based on what I know that they really really like or just based on their personalities. I think that a friend should just know what another friend would want. You know what I mean? Sure you can ask for guidelines but to be totally stumped kind of shows that you don't pay attention. Unless it is someone like my dad who never eludes to liking anything at all. But get this, he comes into the kitchen a little bit ago and starts telling my mom and I a few things that he would like to get. We looked at each other in disbelief. Then we informed him that this was a little too late and that he should have told us this about a month ago. My mom and I are both totally done with our shopping. Well, I need to get a card or 2 and a few fillers for cards but for major gifts I am done. Yay for being done. I just laid all of my family's gifts out under the tree. I am not the first one to put presents out yet but it is starting to fill up. I wish my gifts had more bulk to them so they could look a little better but they still look nice.

Ok, question. Say you are getting gifts for a few of your best friends. Not you friends but your best friends. You don't usually do this but the occassion struck you and you have the money to be generous this year. Well you go ahead and buy the gifts. Then a friend informs you that they got you a Christmas gift. This isn't someone you would expect to ever get a gift from. They are a friend yes, but best friend, not really. So what do you do? Do you break the self imposed rule of only getting gifts for best friends and get something for this friend too. Then what about other friends who you didn't get anything for either? Just leave them dry too? Knowing that you are getting a gift from someone but were not planning on something for them, would just a Christmas Card be enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters