Friday, December 10, 2004

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

I always feel like there is nothing really happening in my life. Do you feel the same way? For example, when a person asks you what's been going on you reply with not much. Why do people say not much? Surely things actually have been going on. People usually do more than actually eat, sleep, and watch television. I know that I do more than that. Why is it that I almost always say not much? It could be because my expectations of what I feel worthy of talking about are very high. I've done some pretty exciting and fun things in my life. I've been around the block a few times and taken short cuts through alleys just to see what's down there. So when people ask me what is going on and I haven't done anything of great magnitude lately I feel that they probably wouldn't want to hear about it because I know that I wouldn't want to hear about it. Or would I? I do enjoy the small things just as much as the big moments in life. Sure would like every day to be a huge blowout party but I really do enjoy the small things. For example, just being in the presence of my friends is a very enjoyable time. Knowing that I don't have to have an entire conversational monologue to tell just to keep them from walking away is great. They are my friends and I know that they are there for me and I am there for them. We don't have to reiterate that to each other all the time because we just know it. It's there, plain and simple. Now back to saying not much. There can also be another reason as to why I or people in general say not much when others ask of them what has been going on and I think it is the real reason or rather the most likely reason. It is because people just don't feel like talking about it. I know a lot of the time I don't want to sit there and tell you all about what I have been doing since I had last seen you. Sometimes there is just so much to tell that I don't know where to start so I figure why even start. I can kill this conversation right now with 2 simple words, "not much". I do enjoy hearing about what other people have been doing so I usually will throw the what have you been up to? question right back at the person. If they give me not much then I may even give them prompts like are you done with school or what work do you do now or how is the family. Now if it is someone that I see more often to the point that I would know all of the previous questions I will get more specific asking things like how was work yesterday, did anything happen while at work, seen any movies lately, when was the last time you were out. Questions like that can keep a person going for a decent amount of time. With me I give you guys some slack by posting blog postings such as this one. It saves you so much time and you don't have to actually come up to me and ask me what is going on because you have more than likely already read it and know exactly is going on and probably in more detail that I would bother telling you in person. Now sometimes that is not true and I keep it vague on here so that I can actually sound like an interesting person when I see people in person.

And that is how the cookie crumbles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters