Monday, April 04, 2005

Spring is in the air

So yeah. I was out at LLCC today and I got a whiff of a surprisingly favorite smell today. The smell is that of grass being freshly cut. Does anyone else like the smell of a freshly cut lawn? I think it is a wonderful smell. It is so earthy and naturey and very distinct.

Well, I was out at LLCC this morning after my morning shift to meet with a classmate to work on a project that we have been paired to do. We agreed on meeting at 10am and swapped cell phone numbers. Well, I didn't want to go home and then not feel like making the journey out to the school in the cornfields so I stopped and got a soda and chips and then made my way there. I ended up getting there at about 9:30am. I figure I will sit in the library in the middle area and work on what we need to do until he gets there. When he arrives he will see me right away. Well I work and work and wait and wait. 10:30ish rolls around and I'm like, hmmph. So I call his cell and see what the hold up is. I ask him, hey, what's going on? and he replys with getting ready to go to class. So I chime in, when would be a good time to get together for the project. Then he realizes that he plum forgot about our scheduled meeting. He appoligizes many times and then we reschedule for Wednesday at the same time. Obviously if I am calling him then that means that I am out there. He knows that my only class is the class that we have together so I wouldn't really be out there for another reason. But that is all squared away. I assume he won't forget again since he has done it once and felt bad about it. It should stick in his mind a little better.

So what do I have planned for the rest of today? Not much. I'm thinking about maybe seeing if someone wants to do lunch. Maybe not. Although it is almost noon at this time and I actually am not really hungry. Eh, I think I just talked myself out of it. HA. Maybe I could go to the park and go for a walk?

I still need to get to the Club. Yeah yeah, I am a huge slacker. Go ahead and yell at me now...






Done yelling? Okay. I'll wait...





There, I hope that is out of your system. My biggest thing is that I don't really have any shorts. All my khaki shorts are non-existant due to holes that had been worn into them and made them unwearable. I don't have sweatshorts. I have a really old ratty pair of shorts that I only use to sleep in anymore. So, what I really need to do is get some clothes before I feel comfortable to work out. I'm even down to 1 pair of jeans due to holes in other pairs too. I'm not big on buying clothes because clothes cost money. A lot of money. Granted clothing is usually a good investment, a lot better than food or alcohol because it is actually material and you have something to show for your purchase when you get it. It is just that is costs so much! I'm a big guy and big guy clothing is usually pretty expensive. Although I have recently found reasonably priced big guy clothing at Burlington Coat Factory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters