Wednesday, June 30, 2004

And the beat goes on...


So it has been a week. I have been meaning to post and then I just don't. Not too much has been going on but yet stuff has been. Saturday I went to Bloomington to celebrate my friend Tammy's 28th birthday. Crow, Phil, and Ben joined in the celebration. We all went to Chevy's for dinner and then went to see Maggie Speaks at Daddios in downtown Bloomington. That was a good time. I didn't drink a single drink. Which surprised a few people. I just don't have money right now to be drinking much. I don't see the point in only having 1 drink although I don't want to get trashed either but to have a nice toasty feeling I require a few drinks and I don't have the money for that. So I just don't drink. Water has been very good to me lately. Healthy for me too. Sunday I just chilled. Tammy and I hung out and watched movies on Tv all day. Then Phil got home from work and he and I had dinner. Leftover tacos, very good. Then he and I went to see Lori at the BBC and do a little bowling for free. We got back and watched Field of Dreams on DVD. That was good then he went to bed. Well I was wired from drinking a bottle of Mt. Dew. Yeah not a 20 oz but a whole 2 litre. So I was up kind of late and also did Phil's dishes for him. My way of thanking him for dinner and letting me stay at his apartment. Well the next morning he woke me up before he headed to work and I packed my things and was on my way also. I had to go to ISU to get my half refund from my dropped classes this past Spring semester. So I got myself a whopping 484 dollars. That is nice and helps me out alot.

I got to open up a checking account finally. With my newly acquired money. I also got a debit card with my photo on it. I am so stoked. I can't wait until I get it.

Monday was rather boring. Not much went on. Hung out at the bar in the evening because Ed was working. Tuesday I did some cleaning but not much. I had an out of whack schedule. Tuesday night at Midnight Ed and I went to see Spider-Man 2 at the 1st possible showing at midnight. It was a BLAST! I haven't seen a midnight showing in forever. It is so fun because you know the people that are going to those are fun people. Boring people go to bed early and don't concern themselves with trivial things such as seeing midnight showings of movies. They think, "I can catch it later on in the week" but I think, I HAVE TO SEE THIS NOW!

Today I got up at about 11ish. Started cleaning some more. I got the bathroom clean and I cleaned some drawers in my desk. I didn't throw too much away from those but rather organized that. I hung more pictures in my front room. Some people that are best friends were neglected from representation on the wall of my sisters and myself and our friends. So I got some up there with Philly, Shoofly, and Ed. I used to wait for my dad to put photos up because I thought he had a certain order or schematic that he wanted to go by but he said go ahead and so I put some up. So I got them up, and I plan on putting more up too. The only rule is that I have to be in the photo along with my friends. So when you are at my parent's house next check out the wall. New photos are up and I rearranged some photos too while accomodating the new ones.

Tonight I went to Dempsey's because Josh and Lauren wanted me to go with them because there was Kareoke which Dempsey's has every Wednesday. Well I call Josh on my way down and he says he will call me back in 15 minutes, well an hour goes by and I call him again, he says that he and Lauren are going to a friend's house and are not going down to Dempsey's. I'm like what the heck, I've been waiting down here for you. They thought that I was going to a concert with Ed although I explicitly told them that I was not going with Ed. So I was like, forget this and went next door to The Bar. I hung out with Mike and Mandi for the remainder of the evening. Always a good time. Mandi and I chatted a bit. I played some Euchre on the MegaTouch machine. Drank some cheap frozen vodka lemonades and even had a shot of Jack with Mike. Paul Orama came into the bar for his birthday. He was like, "geeez, do you own this place?" and I guess this is because every time he comes in there I am sitting at the bar. I like the place, what can I say? But no I do not own the bar, not even close nor will I ever be close.

So now here I sit, blogging my heart out to you. I plan on mowing tomorrow and cleaning my room some more. I still haven't tackled my closet yet. That will be an adventure. There might be things living in there it is so bad. My sister Jennifer and my brother in law Jeff will be in Springfield and staying at the parents' homestead for a few days. They have a wedding to be in/go to this coming weekend. They have not been home to Springfield since Christmas season. I miss her alot and it will be great to see her and Jeff. Shannon the Chicago sister will be home also, she is taking some time off of work. So it will be a full house again. 6 people in a 3 bedroom house. This is why I have been cleaning my butt off. It is going to be crowded and also we want it to be nice for Jen since she hasn't been home in so long. Parents stay in their room, Jen and Jeff in the "guest bedroom" and I as usual just get my room. Shannon has option to stay in my room but she claims that I snore and refuses to sleep in the same room as me. Although I have slept in the same room as her the past 2 times I have stayed at her place in Chicago. I don't snore....

Live, Love, Laughter - Peace, K









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters