Monday, July 12, 2004

Life as I know it....



So, life is moving along and it feels as though it is without me. I'm still trying to find a job. Trying pretty hard to get a job at Family Video. I have now dropped my application off at 2 locations and also filled out an online application that goes to the district manager. I am supposed to go in and talk to the manager at the Jefferson location tomorrow but only because the guy that I gave the app to said I should talk to her. He was pretty upbeat and I think they really need people right now too. I also submitted a resume to corporate a month or 2 ago for a managerial position but I have yet to hear anything from that.

I had received an email from the district manager of Finish Line about 2 weeks ago and it sounded like they wanted me. Had me fill out an online application and then said that the store manager would get back to me. I have yet to hear anything from anyone since I filled out the online app.

I've been trying to just keep myself occupied with little things in the mean time. When I am not sitting around the house just being depressed I am usually down at the bar hanging out with the Browns Crew and Ed. Shoofly is the most recent addition to the wonderful crew at the bar. Also there is a new cocktail waitress that I have yet to meet. Dana is her name. I didn't even know about her until some older people came in and said they were related to someone who works there. I was like, "who?" and they replied "Dana" and I'm like, riiiight, I have no idea who that is. So later on I go look at the schedule and crazy as it sounded there was a Dana on the schedule. I'm like well I'll be... apparently on one of my nights of staying in a new waitress started at the bar and no one said anything about her. Look what I get for taking a night off from hanging out at the bar, they slip in a new waitress and then I look stupid a few nights later. In case I haven't mentioned it I do work the door at Browns on the weekends. Not necessarily both nights but usually just 1 night. I have a pretty free schedule right now and the little extra cash helps out. So I am looking forward to meeting the newbie.

The Megatouch machine at Browns got messed up and all of Ed and my scores have been erased. We have to start over from scratch. So much hard work and effort and money has been put into that machine just to have it all disappear...

I haven't seen too many movies lately. I saw Spiderman 2 on the first midnight showing. That was fun. Ed and I went at spur of the moment an hour before the show. I was surprised that it wasn't sold out but they had it on 5 screens so that is probably why.

I went to another Cubs Cards game down in St. Louis on the 9th of July. It was fun. The Cubs lost though because they are in a slump and also the Cards are just playing good ball right now. Not a winning combination for the Cubbies. Although tonight the Cubs won and I am happy about that. There were 12 of us that went to the game on Friday evening, Me, Ed, Farah, Reier, Brenda, Natalie, Buck, Philly, Crowy, Jenny, Shoofly, and Blake Nibbe. I got to drive Farah's vehicle back to Springfield and that was a lot of fun. She has a very nice ride. I think it is the nicest vehicle I have ever driven and I am happy that she trusted me enough to drive it. That means alot. Not that I have ever show reason not to be trusted but people are usually picky about who can drive their vehicles. You know what I mean?

My dad wants me to consider this one job in the classifieds. It is with the State of Illinois, Department of Human Services. It states... loking for special people interested in a challenging and rewarding career. Tests will be given for position of Mental Health Technician Trainee 1 on August 12, 2004 for Jacksonville Developmental Center. Candidates required to participate in and successfully pass full day of testing in Jacksonville which includes: written and video observation exams, physical ability tests and formal oral interview. As a Mental Health Technician Trainee 1 you will be provided instructional classes and receive on-the-job training in working with adults who are developmentally disabled. No formal education or previous experience is required. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, sick days and holidays, health, life, vision and dental insurance, retirement plan and much more. Advancement opportunities and paid overtime are also available. Entrance salary for a fulltime position is currently $1,843.00 monthly.

I am considering this. I have to call to receive an information packet. This would or could be a very rewarding career and also give me life experience I cannot get many other places. I would think it is a satisfying career and yet very demanding. It isn't a job where I would have to bring work home with me. I'm sure it would be a set schedule and that is something that I need in my life. I have always thought about doing something like this that helps people as a career. Which is why I originally wanted to go into Psychology but that didn't follow me to ISU like I had hoped. They never accepted me into that major so it was tough to focus on Psychology and my actual major. Plus homework and I didn't mix very well. It was like me and jogging... I could do it if I kept trying but it wasn't fun whenever I started so I would stop. hehe.

I know that this is only my 2nd entry of the month and it is already the 12th. I am sorry but I haven't felt like writing much lately. I'm not too happy with myself. I don't like how things are going in my life right now. I feel like I have no direction. Granted I am having fun but I am not letting myself have as much fun as I could. It isn't like I'm on vacation right now. It may seem like I am but vacation means that I have something to go back too after all of this fun ends. I don't. I am living by the seat of my pants. Friends help me out and it is appreciated. My parents helped me out with a few expenses right off the bat and I am thankful for that also. I just feel like I am going no where. I don't want people to sit there and say, oh there is Kyle, he still doesn't have a job or any money. What a bum. I feel like a bum. I don't like being a mooch. But I don't want to sit at home and do nothing all day either. Even though some days I do just that. Like today, I didn't leave the house. I never got dressed. I didn't shower. I just sat around doing jack crap. The highlight of my day was to watch the Cub game with my Dad.

My sisters were here last weekend and through the week. Jennifer, I hadn't seen her since Christmas time. She lives out in Burbank, CA with her husband Jeff. As of today the 12th they have been married for exactly 1 year. Crazy huh. It has been a whole year since the wild celebration that I call my sister's wedding day. It was great to see her. I beat her 4 times at scrabble which just bugged the hell out of her. My sister Shannon came home from Chicago and she played 3 or those 4 times and I beat her each time she played too. They hailed me as the Scrabble King. They couldn't believe that I was capable of beating them at a word game. They don't give their younger brother enough credit. I'm smarter than I let on. Just because I don't apply it to things that are worthwhile doesn't mean that I'm not intelligent.

While they were home I got criticized on the usual things, my weight, my lack of job, my not helping out my parents more, I got ordered to help my Grandma out more by running errands for her. This is easy for them to say because they live way way out of town. They are not here every day. I bet if they both lived here they would not be doing everything that they apparently expect out of me. I am not selfish but I feel that I need to sort out my life situation before I go jumping head first into other people's lives. You know what I mean? I know my weight is still an issue as it always has been. Jennifer saw a picture of me and it was when I was about 50 pounds lighter I would guestimate. She was like... Look at how thin you look! Trying to make a point. I get the point but it isn't that easy. It is never that easy. Or is it. It could be so damned simple and I am a wuss and won't do it. Hell I don't know. Any hot girls want to promise me sexual favors to lose weight? eh? eh? Any takers? Well, it was worth a shot. hehe.

I am getting tired of catching up. It is 1:30am and I probably should get to sleep. I have to call about that Mental Health job in the morning and also activate my debit card which finally came. Although my pin number is being sent seperately for security reasons. woo yay I am overjoyed. I need to go into Famvid in the morning also or afternoon. I don't know.

Later party people,
Live, Love, Laughter - K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters