Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Tension is intriguing

So I just noticed that my site has been visited quite a bit in the last day. People do love a good fight don't they? Or even just the possibility of one? I hope you people realize who this is you're reading right now. I don't really fight. I can't remember the last fight I was in or if I have been in one at all. Life's too short to fight. Now I do like to get things reilled up a little. Keep things interesting. Life can be pretty boring at times and if it is just day in and day out crap then that gets old. I hate to see day in and day out crap at all. I know it happens so I try to just spice it up here and there when I can. Nothing drastic or anything though. Maybe Shoofly and I can stage a realistic fight every so often just to get the masses talking? How does that sound to all of you voyeurs? Of course we wouldn't give you fair warning and we would make it as realistic as we can without crossing real borders. I'm just spitballing right now. Nothing is in stone or nor has anything been notarized yet. I need to run this by Shoo of course. But I would think he would be up for it. We could treat it like a little project.

Other than whatever that was, today was boring. I did absolutely nothing. I took a nap in the afternoon which I guess Ed thought that I would sleep the rest of the day and night with. I was up for the Cubs game of course. I don't like to miss my Cubbies play. They won this game today against the Expos (who have 2 of our traded guys Alex Gonzales and Frances Beltran from the July Trades). Thank God. They took an ugly beating from the Astros losing 3 out of 4. That didn't help us with our wild card chances. We're still hanging in there but it is a lot closer than it should be. The cubs need to work on their base running and the need for no more ERRORS. Getting caught out in the middle when you needed to tag up like 10 minutes ago is not good base running. The Cubs have been doing that more often than they should. Or getting waved home when they really shouldn't have been. Enough already!

I had myself a nice long drive this evening. I haven't done that in a long time. I probably drove for about 2 hours or so just listening to music and enjoying the quiet town and clear skies with a full moon. Put about 30 miles on my car. Decent amount of driving. It is a nice way to clear my head. I still haven't gotten on a normal sleep schedule. I keep telling myself that I am going to start right away and then I put it off for another day. I am going to be getting up at about 6am during the week as soon as I start working. So staying up til 3:20am like it is right now would not be good when I would need to get up in a little while after. I plan on going to bed in a few minutes which will be about 2 hours better than last night. Maybe tomorrow night I can try to go to bed at midnight or something... Who knows.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 01, 2004 12:32:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job!!! You'll do great. I had never supervised homeless people before, and it turned out fine. There may be a promotion in my future. I'll keep you updated.:)

All fights are just JOKES with me, especially after finding out (the hard way!!) that I'm more than capable of defending yourself- they lose their "luster". (haha)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters