Monday, August 02, 2004

Conformity

Today went by fast. All of the job stuff took me up through mid to late afternoon. Then on my way home from the last place I went I saw that the gas prices were going up to $1.93ish and I drove around (not far) until I found the sweet spot. Oh yeah, I found it. The sign said $1.89 but the pumps said $1.74 SO that meant no long ass lines. I rock! I had about a half tank and I topped it off. I called my dad to let him know about it he said he was ok but he thought that my mom's car needed gas. So I drove straight home and switched into her car and right back to the gas station I went. She was at about a half tank also. I topped it off. Saved a few dollars by doing that. And the hassle of needing to get gas for a little while knowing that the tanks are full. So after that I went home and I was just exhausted.

Job hunting is so emotionally stressful that it really wears me out. Plus I am not a fan of wearing ties and collars buttoned to the top. But it is what people want to see when they see a prospective employee. Employers want to see their employees conform to society because that means that the employee will conform to them. I can't walk in to a big business in tshirt, kahki shorts and flipflops and get a job. No no no. EVEN if I am exactly what they want and will do an even better job than they ever would have expected. I wouldn't get that chance because of what I am wearing. I'm too free spirited is what my clothes convey. My clothes say that I will do what I want and not always what they want. That intimidates them and they don't want to take the chance on me, their possible best employee if they will have me, because I might shake things up. Might is the word. Nothing can prove to them that I actually would shake it up. But the clothes are interpretted as a hint. So when I come in dressed all the way up and I am uncomfortable as hell and sweating like a guy in a sauna they say, there is a man that will conform for us. HIRE HIM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters