Wednesday, September 01, 2004

First day. Jitters?

Today felt exactly the same to me as when I was a little kid and that is like the first day of school. In a way it is the first day of school for me. Although I'm not going to learn and I'm not going to teach persay. I woke up at 6am like planned. That was weird in itself. My dad was already up, showered and finishing breakfast by 6am. He is always on the ball. It helps that he goes to bed by like 9 or 10 in the evening. I myself got to bed by 11pm which is really early for me but anymore I think that will be just about right. I may try to get to bed earlier too. I'll see how 11pm works out for now. I was acquainted with the morning children this morning. I have only really learned for sure 1 kid's name and the others will come to me slowly. It's the one that are the trouble makers that seem to stick out the most. I think they won't be too much of a handful though. I was told that more children do the afternoon Scope than in the morning but total there are only 22 children enrolled. This shouldn't be too tough. It is the Lead of that school's Scope and myself that oversee the children. It appears to be pretty calm and orderly in the morning. I'm anxious to see how the afternoon goes, seeing as how it is longer and also the kids have pent up energy by the end of the school day from sitting around learning all day.

I just wrote my old boss from Box & Go an email catching him up on my life now that it appears to be going somewhere. I like to keep in contact with him because he is a great guy and I like him alot. I'm probably going to call my old job up in Bloomington in a little bit also to let them know that I have finally found work and see how they are doing.

It is shortly after 11am right now and I feel as though I've only been up an hour or 2. It is weird. Even though I've been up 5 hours already. The morning went by very fast. I wonder if every day will be like this. Will the afternoon shift go by just as fast? Time will tell on that one.




1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FRIST DAY KYS!!!!

Kisses! Mels

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters