Friday, October 22, 2004

Busy week

Ugh. It is finally Friday evening. Let the weekend begin! So this week has been a busy week. Wednesday was a half day workshop so the kids got out early which means I have to be back early. Instead of heading back to the school at 2:30pm I had to be there at 11am. That was a long ass day. What made it even worse was the fact that it felt like a Friday the entire day! Then knowing that I still had 2 more days of work before the weekend made it suck that much more. The week went rather smoothly though. I actually went out a few times this week. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday were all nights down at the bar for me. Just hanging out. It was a good time. Mainly I was down there watching the ball games that were on. It is always a little bit more fun to watch a good ball game at a bar than it is at home with the parents. The Boston Red Sox made and amazing never before done best of 7 games comeback from being down 3-0 and won the ALCS. The St. Louis Cardinals also did a great feat of coming back to win their best of 7 series after the Houston Astros had won 3 straight games at home in the NLCS. Now the kicker, I had been rooting for the St. Louis Cardinals to go all the way. Well, time to change the stance. I'm very happy for the St. Louis Cardinals that they made it to the Major League of Baseball World Series but now I am going to root for the Boston Red Sox to win it all. My line of thinking first is that I am a Chicago Cubs fan. I have the right to pick whoever I want to win since my team is nowhere in sight. Second the Red Sox are in the same boat at the Cubs. The Red Sox have not won a World Series title since I believe 1918. They are long overdue. They also have a supposed "curse" on them also saying that since they traded Babe Ruth and then he got good a curse befell them. Something like that, I'm not totally sure what the actual curse is but that is what I think I heard. The Cubs have a "curse" on them also because of the damned original owners of the Billy Goat Tavern. Apparently the owner wanted to bring his goat into the game with him and they wouldn't let him and then he put a curse on the Cubs. The Cubs have not won a world series title since 1908. But they are the loveable losers no longer. They actually have a really good team this year. But unfortunately they couldn't get their act together and some players were in slumps and we couldn't manufacture runs like they needed. So many games were lost by a run or our freaking bullpen would give up the game in the last inning. Very very frustrating. Next year I hope they get their act together and start playing some good ball. We've got the pitching now we just need to get some runs on the scoreboard. Sosa needs to work his ass off this off season so that he can actually make contact with the ball again. His is a huge part of the team and unfortunatly when he is in a slump then that actually does affect the rest of the team.

As for my plans this weekend. I have no idea really. I know I have a funeral visitation to go to tomorrow during the day. My sister will be home for it also. Tonight I may just head down to the bar as usual. Tomorrow night I work at the bar so everyone come down and see me. I drank last night and it was great. I tried out the day fresh beer that they had at Browns. Bud light. It was good. I would like to try a day fresh import or 2 but I don't see that happening anytime soon. To do that I would have to get a little closer to where the imports are made and yeah, being an import that means that they are not here in this country.

GO RED SOX!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, October 23, 2004 1:00:00 PM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

Kyle, I will warn you. I talked to Mr. Pujols (or I'd like to call him God) last night on the phone. He said, "I am going to feel bad for beating the Red Soxs. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then he told me thanks for wearing my lucky Cardinal socks. Which I will be wearing tonight!

Ohh, a clarrification on the term "import." A beer could be made here in the states but still deemed an 'import' if the hops or any other essential ingredient is imported. Best example: Sam Adams.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters